Low Class 5 scrambling routes, Temple Mountain.

Low Class 5 scrambling routes, Temple Mountain.

This photo shows the options available to reach the summit ridge connecting the east and west summits of Temple Mountain from the saddle on the lower ridge. Apparently the green route has fallen away. The red route has a few 5th class moves up to 5.4. 

Scott
on Apr 14, 2010 12:10 am
Image Type(s): Topo/Diagram
Image ID: 613260

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Mar 17, 2015 3:30 pm - Hasn't voted

OK now that I have climbed it...

The route you have marked as red is the route we did. I would grade it as low 5th class...perhaps 5.4 but only for a few moves, and the crux is the first 10 foot step where a pile of rocks is typically found to give people a boost. This was certainly quite tough to downclimb. The last bit of the red route follows a nice easy crack and goes up a slab on better rock. The route you have marked in green doesn't seem to exist anymore. I looked and it certainly isn't class 4 or even low 5th class.

I'll make a TR for it and include more beta. I added a rappel anchor on a large rock just to climbers right of the final part of the climb and another one above the first step where the pile of rocks is found.

Scott

Scott - Mar 17, 2015 3:50 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: OK now that I have climbed it...

OK, how does the caption sound now? Also, if you want, you can add a new route photo and I can delete this one.

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Mar 17, 2015 6:32 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: OK now that I have climbed it...

I can add one and put a route diagram on it as well. The red route you have marked is correct though. I will mark where I believed the crux is as well. Caption looks great now :)

Viewing: 1-3 of 3