Lucky Draw Dihedral

Lucky Draw Dihedral

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 1.35470°N / 103.77640°E
Additional Information Route Type: Technical Rock Climb
Additional Information Time Required: Less than two hours
Additional Information Difficulty: 5.8 / 5a
Sign the Climber's Log

The Numbers


Route: Trad
Grade: 5.8 / 5a
Distance: 15 meters / 48 feet

Approach


Dairy Farm Quarry is located at the very Northern part of the Bukit Timah nature preserve. You can take the same public transportation but continue until you reach the the Dairy Farms Estate area. There is a bus stop about 100 meters before the intersection and the drivers were always willing to let us know where to depart the bus. Use the pedestrian overpass and head to the intersection of Upper Bukit Timah Expressway and Dairy Farm Road. Turn right and head up the road about 200 meters. There are two small asphalt roads, take the one that runs perpendicular to the Dairy Farm Road. The asphalt road eventually turns into a dirt road and narrows a bit. The quarry is between a 1,000 and 1500 meters off the main road. You are surrounded by thick forest and vegatation along the path and it is not wise to venture off the path (big snakes) as one of our climbers found out. As you enter the quarry it is split into two separate formations. The formation on the left hand side is lined with thick vegatation and trees. There is the large break in the trees and the section of rock protruding through is the Direct section. There are five routes in this section and The Luck Draw Dihedral starts at the same point as Jam Bang (about five feet to the right of the bolted route Direct).



Route Description


The route Lucky Draw Dihedral is a Trad route and the length of the route is 15 meters or 48 feet. It is rated as a 5.8 or 5a route, depending on the grading system you prefer. This trad route Starts in the same spot as Jam Bang, then veers off to the right after about three meters. The route has great finger and toe cracks with a few occasional ledges. After about seven meters it veers back to the left and meets up with Jam Bang for the final five meters. There is a fixed anchor at the top and two very sturdy living trees. This rock is smooth granite and extremely slippery when the slightest bit of percipitation is present

Essential Gear


1. 60 meter rope
2. pro up to two inches and a few sling when the route veers off..
3. locking biners for anchor and slings if using trees
4. helmet ( have had a few rocks come tumbling down)

Miscellaneous Info


There are no restroom facilities or running water of any type in or near this quarry. There is a trash recepticle by the bus stop. Please take all your trash with you when you leave. Climb On!
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.