Machu Picchu Images, Peru.

Machu Picchu Images, Peru.

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

The Lost City Of The Incas.

FEB.19.2007. Machu Picchu is 80 kilometers northwest of Cusco, on the crest of the mountain Machu Picchu, located about 2,350 meters (7,710 feet) above sea level. It is one of the most important archaeological sites in South America and the most visited tourist attraction in Peru.
Inca ruins and Huayna Picchu.View of Huayna Picchu and the neighborhood.
Machu Picchu, Peru.View of Huayna Picchu and the archaeological site.

I waited for so long to visit Machu Picchu. I only have seen it and read it in books and magazines, but being there was totally different. Everything's huge and perfect.

Jana (Czech) and I took the train from Cusco to Aguas Calientes, we spent a night there and visited these Inca ruins a day later. Initially, we climbed Machu Picchu mountain, in order to have a good perspective of the whole neighborhood and the area itself. Then we went back down to the neighborhood, walked around the place and finally climbed Huayna Picchu mountain.

I wondered how the Incas were able to build all of this neighborhood without the use of the wheel. The stone-made walls look pretty solid even after centuries of being built. I enjoyed the views from Machu Picchu and Hayna Picchu mountain tops, which were great and amazing. It took us a whole day to get to know a bit about this mystic place in the peruvian Andes.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
snowhiker

snowhiker - Dec 4, 2008 10:15 pm - Voted 10/10

Info

Hi..I am looking for some info on Machu Picchu like camps,water and how many days hike in from Cuscu and can you take the train one way back..can you help
Gary

Boriss Andean

Boriss Andean - Dec 5, 2008 8:56 pm - Hasn't voted

Machu Picchu

Hi Gary.

Well, actually I've bee there once and I took the train from Cusco to Machu Picchu back and fort. But we found out that it is possible to hike from Cusco to Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu) in 5 to 6 days. I wouldn't able tell you about camp sites but I think many places where you can set you tent without a problem. You'll find plenty of water all along the road/trail.
People in Cusco can give you more detail information about trails and stuff. There's also an information tourist office in town.

You can buy just one way ticket in Cusco. We paid USD 75,00 ea RT ticket in 2007.

I'll find out more about Machu Picchu once I get back to Ecuador and I will let you know. Good luck Gary!

snowhiker

snowhiker - Dec 7, 2008 3:59 pm - Voted 10/10

thanks

Thanks for geting back to me....The info you gave me does help some thanks again

Viewing: 1-3 of 3


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.