Me on summit of Denali on the...

Me on summit of Denali on the...

Me on summit of Denali on the evening of 19th of july 2003. Mount Foraker to the right and Hunter just behind myself.
grynning
on Oct 3, 2003 6:39 pm
Image ID: 29792

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Misha

Misha - Oct 3, 2003 7:03 pm - Hasn't voted

Nice work!

I want to be there someday in not so distant future...

desainme

desainme - Oct 3, 2003 8:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Nice work!

Did skis make this more reasonable for ascent and descent?

grynning

grynning - Nov 8, 2003 10:35 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice work!

Hi there ! Yes, I would definetely bring my skis again. At least it makes it much easier on the lower glacier where cracks are a very nasty problem in the late summer (towards the end of july when we where there). We heard of people going through crevasses two-three times on their way down, but we just "floated" over with our skis. I recommend skiing from the very top. It's worth the extra pounds ! Good luck !!!

all the best,

Audun

Velebit

Velebit - Oct 3, 2003 8:07 pm - Voted 10/10

How does it feel...

...to stand on the summit of Denali. I can imagine but I want to hear it from you. I can see you smiling all around head :-) Beautiful shot from the top of amazing mountain!

grynning

grynning - Nov 8, 2003 10:40 am - Hasn't voted

Re: How does it feel...

I'm sorry to tell that it is a totally awesome feling ;-) I can not express with words the feeling of standing there. Beeing up there with three friends and putting on my skis where one of the most beautiful moments I have ever experienced. You must really try it !!!

all the best,

Audun

Bryan W

Bryan W - Oct 4, 2003 1:25 am - Hasn't voted

You're where we all want to be!!!!

Congratulations. I hope I can stand there someday.

Jerry L

Jerry L - Oct 4, 2003 4:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Facing the Extreme

That's a book I'm reading right now about climbing Denali. I've only been to the base of Denali but it must have been great for you. Congratulations.

raina - Oct 4, 2003 10:32 pm - Voted 10/10

congratulations

what a wonderful moment standing up there.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8