Miners Canyon

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 41.02130°N / 114.077°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike - Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Class 1
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


See getting there (Miners Canyon) from main page

Route Description


In progress

Trail Mileage 2.5 miles one way.
Elevation gain = 4,300'±

No developed trail exists (to my knowledge) in Miners Canyon. Also depending on what kind of surfaces and distance you prefer you have a couple of options. If scree and talus is your preference then option two as seen on the quad would be your best choice.

Option one, described below, is more gradual and has less scree to climb through.
From the end of the 4 wheel drive road continue heading northwest up the drainage (hundred yards) until the brush becomes too thick and head north to the ridgeline. Follow the ridge northwest to a point just east of elevation point 9,113, from below the ridge turn north and gain the ridgeline, follow this ridge through cedar trees and to a point southeast of point 10,182. Contour around point 10,182 on scree, talus and boulders to a point within an open drainage, turn north and gain the ridgeline just below the summit, follow the ridge to the summit.

Essential Gear

Summer months

There is a lot of scree and talus so a sturdy boot will suffice.
This is a steep climb, the descent took the same trail time as the ascent, so plan on enough water.

Winter months

Crampons and ice axe.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.