Minidoka COHP (ID)

Minidoka COHP (ID)

Bob's 4Runner coming down from the highpoint on Bear Den Butte. Yes, this one is a mere drive up (if you have 4WD) This area is normally brown but we visited in April, a good time to do some of these Idaho cohp's. 4-16-04
Dean
on Mar 17, 2007 7:38 pm
Image ID: 278675

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-6 of 6
Jerry L

Jerry L - Mar 17, 2007 8:54 pm - Voted 10/10

What?

You mean you didn't even walk up? Does that count? Nice truck. Love those 4Runners.

Dean

Dean - Mar 17, 2007 10:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: What?

Heh heh, yeah, we were bad. Actually, we were trying to get a record 6 Idaho cohp's that day and would have suceeded if we hadn't got stuck in the mud in Gooding county and had to get special help (after walking out 20 miles) to get pulled out. It was BAD mud.

Bob Bolton

Bob Bolton - Mar 18, 2007 4:31 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: What?

Jerry, the county highpointing community has a term for driving to the top - named after the person who researched most of the COHPs in the country, Andy Martin. The term is Martinizing. Think about it - there are MANY county highpoints where there is no mountain in sight. Some of them are literally at a crest on a street or road, and you can literally open the door of your car and place your foot on the highpoint. So yes, it counts. The idea is to visit the highpoint, nothing more. Happily there are many which require more effort than that described above!

Jerry L

Jerry L - Mar 18, 2007 9:43 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: What?

Well, it looks like you all have a blast out there together, so keep on doing what you're doing. Having fun is all that really counts. I was just messing with you all !

calebEOC

calebEOC - Sep 23, 2009 10:04 pm - Voted 10/10

The real question here is

How fast was Leadfoot Bob Bolton coming down this road, and how the heck did you get in front of him?

Dean

Dean - Sep 23, 2009 10:49 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: The real question here is

I was walking very slow and still beat him down by about ten minutes. (except you've seen him in action so you won't buy that reply)

Viewing: 1-6 of 6