Mojón Alto

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 42.01130°N / 2.8784°W
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


See the main page to approach to Laguna Negra.
This is a route alternative from the same trailhead of the normal. It's a good option to make a circle hike (to climb for one and descent for the other one).

Route Description


The slope and trailhead is the same of Normal.
Time: 2h (total 3h30min)

Following the same of normal route to Laguna Negra after the first little corridor we arrive to a great plain. The normal route go to NW but in this area we can leave it to South to reach across a hard slope with free stones the Mirador (observatory) of Laguna Negra (with a signal). This is a very special place for the landscape and the great view of the lake. We turn in NW direction to walk under the peak Mojon Alto (2093m). If you want is a good option the complementary climb of this mountain in 15-20 min more. We walk near of Laguna Helada (1995m) that we border in south side (left) to reach the Llanos de la Sierra in a great grassy plain. Following in NW we arrive to the long wide ridge near of born of river Duero (west) and the same access of normal route, the col of Portillon Arenoso. From this point is the same of normal route to reach the summit across the wide corridor with hard slope of right side of the main peak.

Essential Gear


In winter crampons and ice-axe and a lot of days early in the season (spring).



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

UrbiónRoutes