Mont Lozere

Mont Lozere

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking, Skiing, Scenery, Panorama

Mont Lozère

Also this album will be removed when somebody creates a mountain (or even better: an area) page. I don't have enough information for that. For now I'd just like that all my pictures of this nice mountain are on one place - to be used later.

Otherwise Mont Lozère is a 1699 m high, gentle mountain in Massif Central. It is the central part of the Cévennes National Park. The area is the least inhabited department of France. In summer it offers nice hikes, in winter tour skiing and cross country skiing. The mountain is made of schist and granite. because it is the highest point in the broad Languedoc-Roussillon mountain massif, Mont Lozère offers a great panorama on all sides. They say that on a clear day half of France is seen from the summit.


Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
EricChu

EricChu - May 3, 2011 2:28 pm - Voted 10/10

Great!

These photos are breathtaking as well!

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - May 3, 2011 3:41 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great!

Thanks! I think this Mont Lozere would deserve its ordinary page. Perhaps Visentin will do it some time.

visentin

visentin - May 4, 2011 2:26 am - Voted 10/10

Thanks Vid !

Your pages even as albums are great. I never was on the Mont Lozère itself but my dad cycled there many times and often says that's the finest region he rode on a mountain bike. I was once more watching your pictures yesterday evening, and, I hope you don't mind, forwarded the links to some people. Your pictures of these southern villages are just breathtaking and reflect perfectly the atmosphere of these regions. You made me so homesick ! One album title you could make if you post few of those could be the "Périgord" (hilly region somehow part of the Massif Central). Many local folks are rockclimbing on few of the limestone features of this landscape and it wouldn't be off topic, along with the cultural side as well.

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - May 4, 2011 6:16 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Thanks Vid !

Thank you, for "advertising" my pictures :)))
regarding posting pictures of villages - I would rather do that when some hiking, biking or climbing pages emerge on SP.
Cheers!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.