Viewing: 1-4 of 4
ganesh70

ganesh70 - Jun 26, 2008 8:50 am - Voted 10/10

Very lonely summit,

I don't think many people have climbed it. Just few years ago, when you couldn't reach Malga Confin by car, it was a very hard hike from Venzone, almost 10 hours or so.
About your dilemma, I haven't personal experience but I have a very good book about the Julians that describes this route but the ascent is from the E side ( Path "Emanuele Vidussi", through a small notch called Selletta Planiotis, 1580 m ) and the descent is the one you did.

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Jun 26, 2008 9:16 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Very lonely summit,

That might be! On Tabacco map the path where ve came to below the S face continues on the SE ridge, reaching it on the altitude between 1550m and 1600m, and then descending on the other side down on Casera Lavara. So, there might be the notch Seletta Planiotis. And from there the path is also drawn up towards the summit, but not all the way.

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Jul 2, 2008 2:27 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice story

about the unicorn. I also met one of these old guys during our rambles through the Sierra Nevada in Spain. He had both horns and a whole herd to prove who was the boss.Usually, the ibexes run away when you get too close - and the rest of them cantered away. But granpa remained, ignoring me completely.

But the Iberian Ibexes are different - same size but more corkscrewed horns

Vid Pogachnik

Vid Pogachnik - Jul 2, 2008 5:07 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice story

Interesting, Gangolf! Ibexes are not very timid, but yes, they usually don't allow you to touch them :)

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Monte Lavara / Golz / Javor' main page