Page Type Page Type: Area/Range
Location Lat/Lon: 41.61010°N / 1.81892°E
Activities Activities: Hiking, Mountaineering, Sport Climbing, Bouldering, Scrambling, Via Ferrata
Seasons Season: Spring, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Elevation: 4052 ft / 1235 m
Sign the Climber's Log

Preface

Note by Gabriele: Some years ago (about 15) I was travelling (on business) from Barcelona to Zaragoza and I happened to see, along the highway, a strange toothed mountain . I asked info and my business partner told me : "it's the Montserrat, one of the most famous religion sites of Spain"
Being in Barcelona for some days I had a free sunday so I took my car and drove for about 60km to go and see it ... (google map)

MontserratMontserrat from the road

I've been a little surprised by the absence (here) of info about it, so, even if I havent a good knowledge of this area, I've decided to create a page, hoping that some Spanish climber will add more info (maps, subranges, pinnacles, routes, photos, ecc) coming from direct experience
The only thing I can say is that getting the main summit (Sant Jeroni) doesn't require anything but a good pair of shoes and the capacity to breathe :)


Note by Rafa: thanks to Gabriele I'm co-administrator of the page to add some information. I have more information with books, maps, pictures,... but I'm not a rock-climber and I only walked in Montserrat. It could be interesting to add some peaks with some rock-climbs but it's necessary the help of some rock-climbers for it. One or two important peaks as Cavall Bernat or Gorro Frigi are welcome.

further note by Gabriele - april 2010 - at last a new member that knows Montserrat and has climbed there ... welcome PereRamon, you are the new owner of the page

Note by PereRamon: Thanks Gabriele for making me co-administrator of this page. I'll do my best contributing with some hiking and climbing routes I know. My rock climbing experience in Montserrat dates back to the seventies, so contributions from more recent climbers will be welcomed to reflect the current state of the art. Apart from its natural and sportive interest, Montserrat is outstanding for the importance and influence of its cultural value over the country that surrounds it. I'll try also to reflect it here to some extent.

Overview

Montserrat is a (very) strange rocky massif in the central Cataluña, few km far from Barcelona. The range is in the Catalan Pre-Costal range with other massifs as Les Guilleries, Montseny (Turó de L'Home), Sant Llorent de Munç, Queralt, Picoraban, Prades, Montsant, Llaberia, Tivissa-Vandellós, Cardó, Cavalls, Pàndols, Montsant and Els Ports (Mont Caro). The last massifs are common with Sistema Iberico.

From the roads it looks like a big saw (serrat in Spanish means saw toothed) and grows up isolated from the valleys that are normally surrounded by flat "mesas" (uplands).
Its strange morphology comes from the quality of its rocks, a solid and tilled conglomerate that gives to the many summits a strange rounded shape with very steep walls, without sharp edges and with ridges made of sequences of pinnacles.

The whole massif can be divided into 12 main climbing ranges :
some pinnacles

  • Serrat dels Monjos
  • Serrat de les Garrigores
  • Vinja Nova
  • Gorros
  • Camping
  • Sant Benet
  • Can Jorba
  • San Jeroni
  • Vermell
  • Ecos
  • Frares
  • Agulles


  • that are made of hundreds of different, named and/or unnamed, pinnacles : all climbed (I think)
    A large number of paths joining the 7 hermitages with the main monastery (Monistrol) give easy (somewhere a little exposed) access to the walls where Spanish rock climbers can practice and train all year long (better not in summer : too hot)
    Pinnacles and walls are 50-300 m high, and host a large number of routes of all difficulties.

    Getting There

    the starting point to get the site is normally Barcelona wherefrom you can start in 3 different ways :
  • by car - from Placa de las Glorias (easy to find for its giant suppository-like building) follow toward Girona
    Exit 2b (on the right) to get the "Litoral", follow toward "Terrasse" till you see the first road sign indicating "Montserrat", than follow toward "Montserrat Monistrol cremallera (rack railway)" till you get the rail station, park the car and start enjoing.
  • by bus - ask tourist info centers
  • by train - Ferrovie della Generalitat

    more detailed info here

    A walk up to the main summit (Sant Jeroni)

    here an advice about how to spend your first (maybe even only) day in Montserrat.

    From the arrival point of the rack railway start walking toward the rocks surrounding the square, go on a short flight of steps and try to find a mark indicating Sant Jeroni.
    The path starts with a long, steep and a little painful flight of steps that, on the right (going up) side of a gorge gives access to the high part ot the main valley.
    Then follow the easy well marked path that leads you, passing under a big range of pinnacles and crossing a big wood, to the point of intersection with the path coming (from left) from the higher station of a funicular.
    Once you arrive to the small chapel of Sant Jeroni don't go to the right, toward the aerials point but go to the left, along a small path that leads you to the ending part of the path that, with a not short sequence of rocky and cement steps, gives access to the main summit (1235m) wherefrom you can enjoy the big panorama of the surrounding plains and give a look to the cliffs and the ridges of the massif.
    A metal table, in the center of the summital (artificial ) platform will give you info about what you are seeing.

    the gorgeGorge Santa María
    on the pathGorros
    right side of the pathPanxa del Bisbe
    Els FlautatsFlautats, Elefant
    the Elefant rangeCap de Mort
    the Elefant rangeCavall Bernat
    the higher rangeFlautats, S.Salvador
    an aiguille of the Roques del PatriarcaBarretina del Patriarque
    the main ridgeGorges
    from the summit ridgeFerrata Teresina
    one of the main ridgesPlecs del Llibre, Montgrós
    the main summit ridgeEls Ecos
    the cliffsCliffs
    another cliff
    last steps
    a rope teamRoca Plana dels Llambs
    from a  mirador Canal de Migdia
    the summit of Sant Jeroni
    the aerial summit
    Cap de Mort (Skull)Cap de Mort
    pinnaclesCavall Bernat
    Els FlautatsFlautats, S.Salvador, Prenyada
    a strange pillar (caval bernat ?)Cavall Bernat
    rappellingRock-climbing
    a sport climberClimber
    the MonasteryMonastery
    saying good byeGorros
     


    difference in elevation is about 500m and required time is about 3 hours (up and down)

    Routes to Sant Jeroni from Monastery:
    -Cableway Sant Joan-Camí Nou: 1h
    -Pla de Ocells (Gorge Santa María)-Camí Viell: 1h 30min.
    -Hermitage of Sant Miquel: 1h 45 min.

    Another routes of walk-up in the massif:
    -Montgrós across Camí de Francesos from Vinya Nova: 2h 30min + 2h
    -Can Maçana-Refugio Vicenç Barbé: 1h 30 min + 1h
    -Collbató-Monastery: 2h 30min + 2h
    -Santa Cecilia-Sant Jeroni: 3h 30min + 2h 30min

    Camping and lodgings

    In Monistrol and vicinities a large number of (cheap) dwellings and hotels, normally used by students and pilgrims.

    Maps and guide books

    on the right side of the square (Monastery side) there is a souvenir shop where you can find maps, guide books and all you need to better know the site

    kpujo.coma lot of images in "Selecciona"-->"Fotos" and a lot on information of rock-climbs.
    montserratweb.com good info and images here.


    Routes

    hundreds of rock routes have been found / opened / forced here
    the best free info can be found at this site
    just choose a range, choose a search rule, and you'll find for many routes both the beta and the description

    Subgroups

    All the following info come from this site that hosts also, to be looked at, many info about the routes on the named summits ...
    Having not found, on that site, a copyright I thought to rearrange and post here maps and names ...

    AGULLES subgroup

    13.2-20-22-25-63-64-77-86-87-88-89-92-95-98 are unnamed

    13 Tretze, roques de la cota
    13.1 Llastra Punxeguda, ag.
    14 Salamandra, ag.
    14.1 Tres, roca dels
    15 Miranda de la Portella,
    16 Dau d'Agulles, ag.
    16 Llastra del Dau
    16 Vuit
    17 Portella,Gran (superior)
    17.1 Camí, ag. Del
    18 Portella Petita, (inferior)
    19 Pelada, ag.
    21 Savines, les, ags.
    23 Sol Ponent, ag.
    24 Merlets, roca
    25.1 Botxí (o Sabre), ag.
    25.1 Sabre, ag. (Botxí)
    25.2 Punyalet, el
    25.3 Contrafort, roca del
    26 Gep Llarg, roca
    27 Boteruda, ag.
    28 Peluda, ag.
    29 Capdamunt, ag. Del
    30 Miranda de les Boigues,
    31 Aglà, ag. (o Monietes)
    31 Momietes,
    31.1 Totxo del Nimes
    31.2 Aspirina
    32 Mare, ag.
    33 Senatxo, roca
    34 Figuera, ag
    35 Martell, ag.
    36 Pedestal del Martell, roca
    37 Bandereta,
    37 Ven-Suri-Ven
    38 Palangana, roca
    39 Espeleolegs, ag.
    39,1 Manolito García.
    40.1 Ninet, ag.
    41 Saca Gran.
    42 Carbassó, ag.
    43 Dátil, ag.
    44 Heures, roca de les
    45 Filigrana, ag. (o Faluga)
    46 Bessona superior, ag.
    47 Bessona inferior, ag.
    48 Arbret, agulla de l'
    49 Podrida, roca
    50 Ossos, ag.
    51 Miranda dels Ossos
    52 Panxeta, ag.
    53 Boteruda del Gra, ag.
    54 Dues Puntes,(Nord)
    54 Dues Puntes, (Sud)
    55 Corona de la Reina, ag.
    56 Reina, ag.
    57 Bola de la Partió, ag.
    58 BitIla, ag.
    59 Veina del Cap Guerrer
    60 Cap de Guerrer
    61 Partió, roca de la
    61.1 Barana, la
    61.2 Pom de la Barana
    62 Tri-roca, roques
    65 Torta (o Má), ag.
    66 Escorpí, ag
    66.1 Ag. de la Badada
    67 Gallaret, roca del
    68 Ignasi Capeta, ag.
    69 Foradada, ag.
    69.1 Foradada, serrat
    70 Cadireta
    71 Enclusa d'Agulles, ag.
    71.1 Llaudó, roca d'en
    72 Serrat d'en Pujadé
    73 Xica de la Miranda, roca
    74 Alta de la Miranda, ag.
    75 Petitona, roca
    76 Merlet de la Torta, roca
    78 Vespa, ag.
    79 Pingüí, roca
    80 Esquelet, ag.
    80.1 Bolo Joe
    81 Els Pouetons
    82 Cinc Passos, roca dels
    83 Cirerer, roca del
    84 Dumbo, roca
    85 Setrill, roca
    90 Máquina de Tren, roca
    91 Broc del Setrill
    93 Ou de Colom.
    94 Encantada, ag.
    96 Maranya, ag.
    96.1 Corpus Christi, ag.
    98 Carnavalada
    187 Miranda d'Agulles, roca

    CAMPING subgroup

    482.2 - 483.3 - 485 - 486 - 492.1 - 492.2 - 492.3 - 492.4 - 494 - 494.1 - 497.1 - 497.2 - 498.3 - 498.4 - 498.9 - 498.10 - 498.11 - 590 are unnamed


    482 Miranda de Sant Miquel
    482.1 El Risco
    483 Cap de Mona, ag.
    487 Pallasso, ag.
    488 Creu, agulla de la
    489 Baixa de la Creu, ag.
    489.1 Vomitada, roca
    492 Granota, ag.
    492.5 Nenos da una piedra.
    492.6 Top Rope
    492.7 Totxo Pepe
    492.8 Miopia
    492.9 Bordillo
    492.10 Totxo Techo
    493 Funicular, carena de la dreta del
    496 Cova, ag. o roca
    496.2 Avia, roca de l’
    496.3 Gos, roca del
    497 Germá Paulí
    498 Sant Miquel, turó
    498.1 Esperò d'Olesa
    498.2 Pedra d'Esparraguera
    498.5 Placaca
    498.6 Boulder
    498.7 Nuevo LP
    498.8 Minusvàlid
    498.12 Ou d'en Tomàs
    498.13 Calentosis
    585 Corbs, roca dels
    586 Trona
    587 Tossal de Mullapans
    587.1 Aigües, roca de les
    590.1 Cavall Pinteta
    590.2 Petit Gat, ag. (o Riu)
    590.2 Riu, agulla

    CAN JORBA subgroup

    250 - 253 - 255 - 256 - 264 - 270 are unnamed

    217 Montgrós
    218 Plecs de Llibre, roques
    223 Plec de Llibre Superior ag.
    223.1 Boleta dels Plecs, la
    223.1 Plec de Llibre Inferior, ag.
    223.2 Cajoleta, roca de la
    239 Cabrit (o Cilindre), ag.
    240 Miranda del Cilindre o Cabrit
    241 Nuvis, roca
    242 Esperantistes, roca dels
    243 Alta de la Coma dels Naps de Baix, ag.
    248 Esfinx del Montgros
    251 Cabrit, (Serrat del), roques
    252 Rampa de L’Esfínx, ag.
    254 Faraó, serrat del
    255 Faraó, serrat del
    256 Faraó, serrat del
    257 Tempestat, ag. de la
    258 Faraó, El
    258.1 David, ag.
    259 Faraó occidental, serrat del
    259.1 Albert Zanini, ag.
    259.2 Benedicció, ag.
    259.3 Faraonet, ag.
    260 Faraó, serrat Occidental
    262 Castanyada, ag.
    263 Serrat dela Palomera
    264.1 Miranda de l'Oliverar
    264.2 Esquerdades, roques
    264.3 Angel ag. (o del Pilot)
    265 Mur, roca
    266 Jorba, ag. de Can
    266.1 Miranda de Can Jorba
    266.2 Alícia, ag.
    266.3 Tudons, agulla
    266.4 Plaques de la Pluja
    266.5 Sota la Pluja
    266.6 Totxos de Can Jorba
    268 Taxi, roca
    269 Rodona, roca
    271.1 Vorera, roca de la
    271.2 Inferior de l'Alzina
    271.3 Alzina, ag.
    275.4 Aritjol, ag.
    289 Ous del Faraó, roques
    290 Faraó, agulleta del serrat del
    291 Foca, ag. de la
    291.1 Geperuda (o ag. Baixa de la Coma dels Naps Baix)
    319 Ajaguda del coll de Muset,
    320 Agulla de l'avenc
    321 Jardí, roca del
    322 Ocell Mort, roca de l'
    323 Saltet, roca

    ECOS subgroup

    203.1 - 211 - 212 - 216 - 226 - 228 - 229 - 232 - 244 - 245 - 246 are unnamed

    189 Coll de Porc, roca
    201 Eco Superior, ag.
    201.1 Recontrapatufet, ag.
    202 Ecos, roques dels
    203 1Sense Nom
    204 Eco Petit, roca
    205 Camell dels Ecos,
    206 Cap del Camell dels Ecos,
    206.1 Alfil dret, roca
    207 Lluís Estesen, ag.
    208 Salt de la Nina, roques de'la carena del
    209 Salt de la Nina, roques de'la carena del
    210 Salt de la Nína, roca del
    213 Veina esquerra de la Salamandra, roca
    214 Salamandra
    214.1 Paret del Migdia
    215 Patujet, ag.
    224 Miranda dels Aurons,
    225 Enganxada, roca
    227 Esfinx dels Ecos
    229.1 Taula d'en Bernat,
    229.2 Ferros, roca dels
    230 Aurons, roca dels
    231 Guillot, roca d'en
    233 Vella, ag.
    234 Miracle, ag. (o Bribons)
    235 Vista, ag.
    236 Veina dreta de la Salamandra, roca
    237 Cadireta, ag. de la font de la
    238 Grau, roca
    247 Roca Plana dels Llamps
    249 Patujet, serrat de sobre
    267 Cor de Be (o del Be),
    287 Micos, ag. del Pas dels
    287.1 Alfil, roca

    FRARES subgroup

    102 - 103 - 104 - 107 - 108 - 109 - 118 - 120 - 129 - 133 - 134 - 135 - 144 - 145- 148 - 150 - 154 - 155 - 157 - 161 - 164 - 165 - 167 - 168 - 173 - 175 - 177 - 178 - 180 - 181 - 182 - 188 - 193 - 194 are unnamed

    100 Centenar, serrat del
    101 Centenar, roca del
    105 Boleta Foradada, ag.
    106 Nina, ag.
    110 Nadal, ag.
    110.1 Melindro, ag.
    111 Escut, ag.
    112 Morro Pla, ag.
    113 Agulla 113, ag.
    114 Grip, ag.
    115 Nana, ag.
    116 Campanilles, punta
    117 Mamelluda, roca
    119 Miranda de l'Alba
    121 Anec, ag.
    122 Boleta, ag.
    123 Boleta del Portell Estret
    124 Avortó,
    124.1 Cingle, ag.
    125 Gendarme, ag.
    126 Caputxó, ag.
    127 Amagada, ag.
    128 Balmes, ags. de les
    130 Elefant Petit, ag.
    131 Queixal, ag.
    132 Caputxa
    134.1 Neu, roca de la
    136 Bisbe, el
    137 Miranda del Lloro
    138 Monja, la
    139 Lloro, el
    140 Dit, el
    141 Dit xic
    142 Roca 142
    143 Barret, ag.
    146 Frare Gros, roca
    147 Frares Encantats,
    149 Frare Cirili, el
    150 Frare Amadeu, el
    151 Cristobalita superior, la
    152 Cristobalita inferior, la
    153 Princesa, ag.
    156 Bacatllà o Correcavalls
    158 Rei, ag.
    159 Pas de Príncep, ag.
    160 Pas de Príncep, Inferior
    162 Bitllot, ag.
    163 Miranda del Príncep,
    166 Cap del Calventus, roca
    169 Separada, roca
    170 Talp (o Corona), ag.
    171 Pepino,- roca del
    172 Patata, ág.
    172 Tub de la Patata, ag.
    173.1 Contrafort de la 173
    174 Charly, ag. d'en
    176 Cresta Plana, ag. o roca
    179 Ditet, ag.
    179.1 Agulla Fàcil
    183 Novici, ag.
    184 Nas, roca
    185 Contrafort de l'Asiàtica
    186 Caporals, ag. Dels
    190 Cua de Bacallá, roca
    192 Carquinyoli, ag.

    SERRAT de les GARRIGORES subgroup


    466 Sense Nom
    466.1 Llosa, roca de la
    466.2 Xampinyó, roca
    466.3 Pas de la Drecera de Sant Joan, roca
    466.4 Llisa, roca í ag
    466.5 Albert Iglésias, ag.
    466.6 Pinatell, ag.
    466.6 Artiga Baixa, roca de
    466.6 Burro Fort, ag.
    474 Escolans,
    474.1 Pulgui, roca
    474.2 Sense Nom
    474.3 Dos Forats, ag.
    474.4 Joguina, roca de la
    499 Boirafua, tossal de la
    499 Jamamoto, roca
    499.3 Cap de Canals
    499.7 Garrigosses, serra
    499.8 Garrigosses, serra
    499.9 Garrigosses, serra

    GORROS subgroup

    Gorros groupGorros group

    409 - 409.1 - 410 - 411 - 413 - 414 - 416 - 417 - 418 - 419 - 420 - 422 -
    424 - 429 - 431 - 432 - 433 - 447 - 450 - 451 - 453 - 454 - 455 - 463 - 464 - 471 - 475 - 476 - 495 are unnamed

    401 Gorra Frígia, roca
    402 Magdalena Superior,
    403 Miranda de Sta Magdalena
    405 Magdalena Inferior, ag,
    404 Ullal de les Magdalenes
    405.1 Font de Jacob, ag.
    406 Gorra Marinera, roca
    407 Miranda de Sant Joan
    407.1 Totxo de Chaman
    408 Crhistian Dios
    412 Trencabarrals
    415 Cara de Mico, ag.
    421 Processó dels Monjos,
    423 Doble, roca
    425 Mamella, ag.
    426 Mamelleta, roca
    427 Miranda de la Mamella
    430 Triple, roques
    434 Jaume Mata, ag.
    435 Sant Cugat, ag. De
    436 Roca de Sant Martí
    437 Sentinella, ag.
    437.1 Paparra, ag.
    438 Campana, ag.
    439 Rave, ag. (o Baldufa)
    440 Veina del Rave, roca
    448 Megui, ag.
    449 Torras Homet, roca d'en
    452 Plantacíó, ag.
    456 Barretet, ag.
    457 Bellavista, Serra de
    458 Bellavista, Serra de
    459 Bellavista, Serra de
    459.1 Miranda dels Pollegons,
    460 Bellavista, Serra de
    461 Bellavista, Serra de
    465 Marcel, roca d'en
    465.1 Esquerda
    465.2 Rellotge, roca
    467 Divendres Sant, roca
    468 Filla Alta de la Presidenta,
    469 Porró, roca
    470 Ou de la Plantació, ag.
    472 Colleccionistes, ag.
    473 Roca Oblidada
    476.1 Punxó de la Pau i justícia,
    477 Cantelluda, ag.
    478 Presidenta de la Plantació,
    479 Filla Baixa de la Presidenta,
    490 Sant joan, ag.
    491 Baixa de Sant Joan, ag.
    495.1 Pistatxo
    582 Pas dels Francesos, roca del

    SERRAT dels MONJOS subgroup


    Cap de Sant Joan 474.9 --
    Orella de la Llebre 1 499.1 --
    Orella de la Llebre 2 499.2 --
    Punxó del Tatet 474.7 --
    Roca del Triangle 0 --
    Roques del Fascile 474.8 --
    Serrat dels Monjos 0 --
    Sense Nom 474.6 --
    Sense Nom 474.5 --
    Sense Nom 494.4 --
    Sense Nom 494.5

    SANT BENET subgroup

    San Benet groupSan Benet group

    Sant Benet groupSan Benet group

    524 - 540 - 541 - 544 - 545 - 546 - 547 - 552 - 553 - 555 - 557 - 558 - 559 - 563 - 565 - 571 - 572 - 574 - 575 - 579 have no name

    501 Trompa de I'elefant,
    502 Elefant, roca de l'
    503 Moro Joan
    504 Fesolet,
    505 Flautats, roques dels
    506 Flautats, roques dels
    507 Flautats, roques dels
    508 Cadireta del diable
    509 Mòmia
    510 Momieta
    510.1Contrafort de la Momieta
    511 Avortó, roca
    512 Prenyada
    513 Contrafort de la Prenyada
    514 San Benet, roques de
    514.1 Bauma de St. Benet
    514.2 Agulla del Pelaque
    514.3 Ag. del pas de la Burra
    514.4 Paco, totoxo del
    514.5 Santana, totxo
    515 Camí, ag. Del
    515.1 Canijo, totxo del
    516 Sant Benet, ag.
    517 La Tifa
    519 Tamburini, ag. d'en
    520 Panxa del Bisbe
    520.1 Rebufat, agulla
    520.2 Miranda de Sant Benet
    520.3 L'Escolanet
    521 Pla dels Ocells, Merlet de Carena
    522 Pla dels Ocells, m.
    523 Sant Dimes, roca
    525 Gat Petit, ag.
    526 Gat, Roca del
    526.1 Guarda, agulla del
    526.2 Menhir, roca del
    528 Trumfa
    528.1 La Quinta de Trinitats
    529 Camí de Sant Salvador, roca del
    530 Porra, ag.
    531 Punxa, ag.
    532 Cara de Vella, ag.
    533 Pebrot, ag.
    534 Sereno, roca
    535 Pito del Sereno, ag.
    536 Carota, ag.
    537 Nineta, ag.
    538 Quarta de'Trinitats, ag.
    539 Bosc, roca del
    542 Sobre l'agulla del Camí,
    543 Degotalls, ag.
    543.1 Esperons dels Degotalls.
    543.2 El Nas.
    543.3 Mur de Medellín
    543.4 El Botijo.
    543.5 Totxo Buda.
    543.6 Esperò Panoramix.
    543.7 Totxo Cagat.
    543.8 El Bullarengue.
    543.9 Totxo del Toni
    548 Cavall Bernat, ag.
    549 Morral del Cavall, roca
    550 Consol, ag.
    551 Falcons, roques dels
    554 Barretines, serrat de les
    556 Forat del Vent, roques
    560 Mitra ag.
    561 Nansa, ag.
    562 Llapis, ag. i roca
    564 Lluernes, roca de les
    566 Barretina Gran, ag.
    567 Barretina Petita
    569 Despistada, ag.
    570 Projectil, ag.
    573 Forat del Vent, serrat
    576 Lluernes, serra de les
    577 Talaia de Sant Dimes,
    577.1 Contrafort St Dimes
    578 Baixes del Forat del Vent, roques
    578.1 Alta de la drecera de la font del Gat, roca
    578.2 Baixa de la drecera de la font del Gat, ag.
    578.3 Secretivo Marcelino
    580 Didal, ag. (o Flama)
    581 Retornats, ag.
    581.1 El Pedráncano
    582 Pas del Francès, ag. del
    582.1 Miranda del Pas del Francès
    583 Elefantet
    583.1 Miranda del Monestir
    583.2 El Quiste
    583.3 Nacho, totxo del
    583.4 La Bimba
    583.5 Calimotxo, totxo
    583.6 Manolito, totxo
    583.7 Mc. Canna, totxo
    583.8 Mongri Moonk Rock
    583.9 del W.C., totxo
    583.10 Buitri, totxo del
    584 Verge, ag.
    588 Bo!eta de la Fissura
    588.1 Fantasma, roca
    589 Ressalt dels Pelegrins
    591 Markus Kamen, roca
    592 Barberá, roca d'en
    592.1 Gollum, totxo del
    594 Contrafort del Diable

    SANT JERONI subgroup

    302.1 - 309 - 310 - 311 - 312 - 314 - 316 - 318 - 324 - 325 - 326 - 329 -
    331.1 - 331.2 - 331.3 - 332 - 334 - 339 - 347 - 348.1 - 348.2 - 349 -
    357 - 359 - 364 - 365 - 366 - 367 - 368 - 369 - 370 - 371 - 372 - 373 - 374 - 375 - 376 - 377 - 385 - 386 - 387 - 393 have no name

    301 Sant jeroni, Miranda de
    303 Gegant Encantat, ag.
    303.1 Petit Gegant
    304 Talaia Gran, ag.
    305 Petxina, ag.
    306 Talaia Petita, ag.
    307 Punta Solitud
    308 Talaieta, ag. (d'en Barbé)
    312.2 Pany, agulla
    312.3 Popa, La
    312.4 Ampolla
    312.5 Centinelleta
    312.5 Sentinelleta
    312.6 Miranda del Camell
    313 Llum, ag. del coll del
    315 Gepes del Camell
    317 Cap del Camell de Sant jeroni, ag.
    325.1 Pera, la
    325.2 Roser, Agulla
    327 Confluència, ag.
    328 Sant jeroni, agulla de la canal de
    329 Carles Carol, ag.
    330 Mirador del Moro
    331 Montcau (o del Moro)
    333 Albarda Castellana,
    335 Cántir, ag.
    336 Braguer, ag. del, 239.
    337 Desgraciada, ag.
    338 Puntal de l'Albarda, carena del
    340 Mail i Muro Alicate
    341 Contrapuntal
    342 Puntal de l'Albarda,
    343 Inclinada ag.
    344 Cigronet, el, ag.
    348 Miranda de Sant Antoni
    350 Cap de Mort, roca
    351 Onze, roca de les
    352 Roques del Patriarca 1
    353 Roques del Patriarca 2
    354 Jaume Bonany
    355 Roques del Patriarca 3
    356 Barretina del Patriarca, ag.
    358 Roques del Patriarca 4
    360 Ganivet dels Diables
    361 Duc, roques del
    362 Serrat del Duc
    363 Serrat del Duc
    377.1 Pas, roca del.
    378 Sant Patrici , ag.
    379 Ninot, ag.
    379.1 La Fundició
    385.1 Pont natural del serrat de Sant Jeroni
    387.1 Santa Cecília, Ag
    388 Predilecta, ag.
    389 Trobada, roca
    389.1 Teix, el
    390 Pilota, ag.
    392 Oliva
    394 Pitrada, roca de la
    394.1 Sang, agulla de la
    394.2 Coloms, agulla dels
    394.3 Millet, agulla

    ST PAU VELL subgroup


    77 Sense nom
    99 Agulla de la Venta
    99.1 Contrafort de St. Pau Vell
    99.2 Roca de la Montse

    VERMELL subgroup


    1 Gerro, ag.
    2 Timbaler del Bruc, ag.
    2.1 Cartutxos
    3 Tisora N. i S., ags.
    3.1 Tisoreta, roca
    4 Pallers de Mal Any,
    5 Sense Nom
    6 Sense Nom
    7 Sense Nom
    8 Era dels Pallers, ags.
    8 Giravolt, ag.
    9 Sense Nom
    10 Sense Nom
    11 Sense Nom
    12 Era dels Pallers, roca
    98.1 Serrat de les Arnes
    98.2 Clot del Tambor,
    98.3 Castell, el (esquerra)
    98.4 Castell, el (dreta)
    98.5 Dissabte, ag.
    99 Moixerigues, serrat de les
    163.1 Grutes, torrent de les
    191 Sense Nom
    191.1 Desdentegada
    191.2 Totxo Clot Tambor
    261 Vella, Roca
    261.1 Merlet de la Vella
    261.2 Proa, la
    271 Naps de Dalt, ag.
    272 Sense Nom
    273 Sense Nom
    274 Sense Nom
    274 Musclet, roca
    274.1 Boletet, el ag.
    275 Gorra,
    275.1 Formigues
    275.2 Fina dels Naps de Baix,
    275.3 Senglar, agulla del
    276 Brucs, roques de la carena del Cavall
    277 Sense Nom
    278 Sense Nom
    279 Pupa dels Brucs
    280 Bonys dels Naps 1
    281 Bonys dels Naps 2
    282 Bonys dels Naps 3
    283 Bonys dels Naps 4
    284 Bonys dels Naps 5
    285 Pas del Nap, ag. Gran
    286 Roca Roja
    286.1 Veina de la Roca Roja,

    VINJA NOVA subgroup


    318.1 As de Bastos, roca
    318.2 Palla
    318.2 Mirador de la Palla
    345 Vinya Nova, serrat de la (Paret dels Trons)
    346 Vinya Nova o del Truc,
    346.1 Sant Esteve, roca
    346.2 Déu-la-féu, ag.
    346.3 Guineu, roca
    346.5 Socarrada, serrat
    380 Coll de Muset, roca de sobre el
    380.1 Llops, roca dels
    380.2 Miranda dels Plecs, roca
    381 Sense Nom
    382 Fabiola, ag.
    382.1 Bugaders, roques del torrent dels
    382.2 Bugaders, roques del torrent dels
    383 Castellet, ag.
    383.1 Trinxada roca
    383.2 Sense Nom
    384 Violeta, agulla de la
    441 Plátan
    441 Pollegons ag. dels (o Plátan)
    442 Pollegons serrat
    443 Paret del Pont (Esperança, roca de l')
    444 Jordi Solé i Masip (Carles Roig)
    445 Gris, roca
    446 Davant Roca Gris
    462 Pollegons, serrat A dels
    462.1 Roca Ponent
    462.2 No se
    462.3 Pollegó Oest
    462.4 Pollegó Oest
    462.5 Pollegó Oest (A. Ribas)
    462.6 La Palleta
    462.7 Coll, agulla
    467.1 Tinter, roca
    467.2 Artíga Alta, serrat de l’ (Pollegó Est-1)
    467.3 Artíga Alta, serrat de l’ (Pollegó Est-2)
    467.4 Frare de Baix del Clot de la Moníca, ag.
    467.4 Muntaner, serrat d'en (superior, inferior)
    467.5 Pastereta ag. del serrat de la
    467.6 Planeta, la
    480 Rocamala, roques
    481 Rocamala, roques
    481.1 Flamencs, ag.
    481.2 Pi, roca del
    481.3 Torres, roca
    481.5 Pessebre, ag.
    481.6 Trullagons, roca

    The history of Montserrat

    contribution by vancouver islander

    I thought that readers of this page might appreciate a little of the history of the area.

    For those who like to mix culture with exercise, the massif offers a wealth of possibilities.

    The Benedictine Order established a monastery in the area almost a thousand years ago and has been a continuous presence and influence ever since. Napoleon did his best to inflict as much damage on the monastery as he could in 1811, as did the Spanish anti-clerical movement of the 1830. The little Corsican did leave modern day hikers with one unintentional benefit though. In order to command the high ground on the approaches to Barcelona, his troops established artillery high on the south flanks of the massif above Collbato and the route now followed by the A2 Autovia. The construction and supply road used to place and maintain the guns now forms a walking path, the "Cami de les Bateries," on this side of the range.

    In spite of these unfortunate ministrations, pilgrims continued to visit the mountains and the monastery in order to venerate "La Moreneta" (the Black Virgin) the patron of Catalunya since 1881. The present basilica was rebuilt in 1858 and today houses a community of 80 monks. In addition to the main Monestir, 13 empty and rather dilapidated hermitages can be visited on a walking tour around the massif.

    Even if you're coming to Montserrat to walk or climb, allow a little time before and after your outing to visit the 12th century wooden sculpture of La Moreneta (open 8am-10am), to see the world famous Montserrat Boys' Choir who give recitals everyday in the basilica at 1pm and 7pm or just to simply take in the opulence of the basilica itself.

    Posted Mar 23, 2007 8:10 pm

    Rules & co.

    thanks to Diego

    Menos sica, más Montserrat
    Más regulaciones: Montserrat
    Montserrat regulado
    La regulación de escalada en Montserrat
    http://www20.gencat.cat/portal/site/patronatmontserrat>Patronat de la Muntanya de Montserrat (2 webcams)


  • Children

    Children

    Children refers to the set of objects that logically fall under a given object. For example, the Aconcagua mountain page is a child of the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits.' The Aconcagua mountain itself has many routes, photos, and trip reports as children.