Viewing: 1-5 of 5
mrchad9

mrchad9 - Aug 2, 2011 1:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent page!

Chris this is one of the best overviews and writeups on a route I have ever read on this site, seriously. You've made me want to climb this peak, bushwacking and all, sounds like an all-around adventure.
Chad

chugach mtn boy

chugach mtn boy - Aug 2, 2011 5:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Your comment

Wow, Chad, that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about one of my pages! Well, when I did Alpenglow recently I said, "This is one of those mountains you only do once," but if you ever find yourself up here, I'll make an exception and we'll give it a shot, if you like.

mrchad9

mrchad9 - Aug 2, 2011 8:59 pm - Voted 10/10

Re: Your comment

I really like your previous shot of it with the snow on it, but the trip you did sounds awesome too. I like that it has so many components (canoe, bushwack, scramble, etc...).

I haven't been to AK, but would like to someday. We will see.

Baarb

Baarb - Jan 23, 2012 9:57 pm - Hasn't voted

Does sound interesting

Do you have any photos of the bushwacking sections or some alpenglow on the mountain? Cheers.

chugach mtn boy

chugach mtn boy - Jan 24, 2012 1:41 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Does sound interesting

Hah, you know, Baarb, bushwhacking is hard to photograph! But next time I find myself in that kind of misery, maybe it would be entertaining to try. As for alpenglow, it's a relatively rare thing to capture up here for a variety of reasons, but maybe I'll be fortunate this March or April. It would be an appropriate thing to add to the page, for sure.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5
Return to 'Mount Alpenglow' main page