Mount Fitzroy

Mount Fitzroy

The first view of Fitzroy! What a spectacular mass of rock!!
Bkoziol3
on Jul 6, 2011 10:14 pm
Image ID: 726884

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Ejnar Fjerdingstad

Ejnar Fjerdingstad - Jul 9, 2011 9:13 am - Voted 10/10

And

a spectacular photo too!

Baarb

Baarb - Jan 22, 2012 4:00 pm - Voted 10/10

Fantastic photo

Certainly one of my overriding impressions in the area was the sheer amazement while hiking towards FitzRoy from El Chalten, so many great vistas of its immensity and grandeur. Cerro Torre gets a lot of plaudits but the scale of this one sets it apart for me. Of course if you see it from other angles the feeling can vary with each one. From above for example it's often not particularly distinguishable from the other spires.

Bkoziol3

Bkoziol3 - Jan 26, 2012 11:42 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Fantastic photo

Thanks for the comment Baarb! I was fortunate enough to have beautiful views of both Fitzroy and Cerro Torre while I was in Patagonia. This was the first point on the trail from Torre that I was able to take in the enormity of peak. By time I reached Lagos de los Tres, the clouds had moved in and the contrast between peak and sky became muted.. This shot was taken almost one year ago to the day. The size of Fitzroy is certainly more discernable from a Chalten direct approach though.. Incredible none the less!

Viewing: 1-3 of 3