Mount Pugh Comments

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
LuminousAphid

LuminousAphid - Nov 1, 2010 11:45 am - Hasn't voted

Good job

Sounds like you did well, but I don't suggest this hike for people who "had never done any of this before," especially in the fall when cold and ice are getting to be a problem.

The scramble above Stujack Pass has significant exposure, and some loose sections which could result in a bad fall into steep, isolated territory. The hiking approach is also long, so just be prepared with extra clothes and emergency supplies at all times, but especially at this time of year.

bdizzle

bdizzle - Nov 1, 2010 7:19 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good job

Thanks! i think if your smart and take it slow i think its fine, you just need to make sure you pack for possible overnight stay this time of year. And it was pretty hard to find the route a few time! great climb though, loved it!

EastKing

EastKing - Nov 2, 2010 12:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Bold!

Good job getting up Pugh in those kind of conditions. Ditto to the remarks above about Pugh but it great to see younger people taking advantage of the outdoors. You live in great area, being so close to Baring, Gunn and the rest of the Wild Sky Wilderness. Keep on climbing and I look forward to seeing your TR of Rainier in the next year or two!

bdizzle

bdizzle - Nov 2, 2010 7:20 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Bold!

Thank you! Yeah i love this area, it makes for a big list! haha and yes Rainer is hopefully soon!!!

Tangeman

Tangeman - Nov 2, 2010 7:48 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice!

Definately a climb I want to do! Looks fun! (although maybe in slightly better conditions - looks slick)

bdizzle

bdizzle - Nov 2, 2010 8:52 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice!

haha yeah i would wait for better weather!!

gimpilator

gimpilator - Nov 7, 2010 6:52 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice Report

Pugh is great mountain. I bet you're one of the last people to climb it this year.

Have you considered attaching this report to the Mount Pugh page? More people will see it that way over the years.

bdizzle

bdizzle - Nov 7, 2010 8:40 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Nice Report

Didnt think about attaching it!! but now that i know i will! thanks!

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Mount Pugh' main page