Viewing: 1-4 of 4
wyopeakMike

wyopeakMike - Aug 17, 2013 12:06 pm - Voted 10/10

Very well done

Thank you for making the page on a deserving peak. I live just down the road from Alpine and I see Bradley every day on the way to work in Jackson. I have hiked most of the peaks around and I still have neglected Bradley Mtn. It really is a prominent peak and it has always been on my list. Your page will be a great help and I will write back after I finally get to the summit. The views of the peak from Ferry and Red Peak across the river show what a rugged and fine mountain Bradley really is.

Castlereagh

Castlereagh - Aug 28, 2013 1:20 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Very well done

Thanks! Hopefully it helps. The details are a little iffy but if you can find the faint trails up and follow it up it's a lot better than bushwhacking. Just make sure you avoid the direct south face and the drainage coming up from that.

Also, let me know if you ever plan on trying for Observation Peak north of Alpine...just was there this past Sunday. Not sure if I'm going to make a page for it on SP since our route was vague but if you ever need beta for that let me know.

wyopeakMike

wyopeakMike - Sep 9, 2013 10:30 pm - Voted 10/10

Observation Peak

Which way did you go up Observation Peak? I have gone a couple of times up the South Fork of Indian Creek and there is a sort of trail almost completely to the top. It is around 10 miles each way and a good hike. A truly great place to observe the whole area. Did you have good weather on the peak and a chance to soak in the panorama? I hope I get a chance to go up Bradley this summer. Thanks again for your great page on it.

Castlereagh

Castlereagh - Sep 19, 2013 2:22 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Observation Peak

Ah so you've done it then? Yeah it's a doozy. We looped up ascending the North Fork, which sucked ascending that loose stuff directly up the north face, then descending the South Fork and doing a little road walking back. Cut several miles off the main trail but straight shotting where that south fork trails cuts east before descending back to the canyon. I wonder if coming from the northeast where there's a trail all the way to the top would make more sense. Amazing views though!

Viewing: 1-4 of 4
Return to 'Bradley Mountain' main page