Borah Peak Comments

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
scrappy

scrappy - Sep 7, 2010 3:38 am - Hasn't voted

Borah Peak 2010

Climbed Borah last weekend, 9/4. Was a great climb, though very windy! Nearly 50 cars parked there saturday morning with possibly over 100 climbers going up! Chicken out ridge is aptly named. Stay off the right side. Keep to the top or, at some places, stay to the left a bit. The down climb at the upper end is a little hairy for novices. Best way back thru this point going down is to drop down and to the right of it, crossing a small snow patch (use caution!), and climb up a bit then traverse to the right of the ridge for a short distance before rejoining the regular trail on top of the ridge. You will see where others have gone here. On out asscent we had to help a man get his dog up this bit. We saw 2 dogs make the summit that day, but only 1 guy had a rope and harness for his. The one we helped almost lost his dog off the mountain when she fell down the snow slope. If you bring a dog make sure you have a harness and rope to get it up these points!! Too us 5 hrs to attain the summit and a bit over 3 back down. Knees held up well but Im glad I took some advill before we went up, as well as more at camp later. This is a great climb, just make sure you take more water than you think you will need as there is none anywhere on the mountain. There are 5 "established" camp sites, but there are dozens more places for tents, so dont let that number fool you. The fee box is in place and I think as of next weekend users will have to pay to camp there.

reboyles

reboyles - Jun 19, 2011 11:16 am - Voted 10/10

Update?

This page hasn't been updated in 6 years and there are missing images on the page. I'd give you a better vote if you touch this up a bit.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Oct 22, 2014 3:35 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Update?

Page adopted and updates complete.

Matt Lemke

Matt Lemke - Oct 22, 2014 4:26 pm - Voted 9/10

Re: Update?

Thanks for doing this!

alpinelight

alpinelight - Oct 24, 2014 12:31 pm - Voted 10/10

It's on my list

Thanks for the updated page. Great intel and photos. Hopefully next season as it is not all that far from were I live.
David

gimpilator

gimpilator - Oct 26, 2014 2:26 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: It's on my list

Thanks David. Definitely check out Borah if you get the chance. Its a great peak.

Super Dave

Super Dave - Oct 24, 2014 2:19 pm - Voted 10/10

Great updates

Nice work on the updates. This page went from flat to phat! Borah deserves a great page like this.

gimpilator

gimpilator - Oct 26, 2014 2:27 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Great updates

That's mighty nice of you to say so. Thanks!

TimB

TimB - Nov 7, 2014 11:19 am - Voted 10/10

Great page

Very informative as well as enjoyable. Gotta hit Borah soon!

Viewing: 1-9 of 9
Return to 'Borah Peak' main page