Viewing: 1-20 of 33
12
Scott

Scott - Oct 24, 2004 11:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Good page. Perhaps "Washington Butte" is in Oregon.

Dave K - Oct 25, 2004 12:33 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Niiiiiiiiiiice Dean!!!

Dean

Dean - Oct 25, 2004 12:43 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hi David. I"ll betcha this one makes you want to give up the Sierras so you could spend all your time ramblin through the Blues.



Actually, there is a part of the Blue Mtns that is loftier and more mountainous, the Elkhorn range down near Baker City Oregon, the southern extension of the Blues. The Washington part is the poor step sister.

Thanks for the vote, I am appreciative you took the time to vote on this one.

Dave K - Oct 25, 2004 12:55 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I've spent a lot of time in country that looks very much like that. I lived in Pullman for four years.

Dean

Dean - Oct 25, 2004 1:04 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Hey, a you a Coug? Yeah, Pullman and the Palouse. Don't misunderstand me, I'm not rankin on the Blues, since they are pretty much in my backyard. I ski at Bluewood every winter a few times and l can look over and see where Oregon Butte is. I grew up in Calif and the Sierra's were what got me hooked on the mountains. A lifelong love affair with the range of light.

Dave K - Oct 25, 2004 1:29 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Yeah, I went to grad school at WSU. Now I'm back in CA. I actually didn't spend as much time exploring that area as I would've liked. On the plus side, I worked for the Forest Service during the summers in Targhee National Forest, so it wasn't like I was idle. :-)

rpc

rpc - Oct 25, 2004 12:57 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Beautiful job on the page Dean.

thanks for submitting.

Dean

Dean - Oct 25, 2004 1:06 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Radek, your vote and comments are always appreciated. I've had a bum knee for the past two weeks so all i've been able to do is dream about getting into the mountains. Putting a page up helps me feel a little better about that situation.

rpc

rpc - Oct 25, 2004 2:44 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I know exactly what you mean about doing SP related stuff when you can't get the "real deal"....we too recently had family in town for a couple weeks and I went thru. most of my pages trying to tweak/improve/mess around with them.....made me feel closer to climbing :)

Wish you a speedy recovery Dean!!

PS how did you injure yourself?

Dean

Dean - Oct 25, 2004 3:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

I've had a right knee that has bothered me off and on but not enough to stop me from getting outdoors. In doing 5 peaks in Nevada two weeks ago, I was coming down some talus on Mt. Grafton and something moved when I didn't and I did something bad to the knee that hadn't been done before. The physical therapist I saw said a "medial meniscus tear" He said it'd heal without surgery, most likely and that I should do these special exercises, see him once or twice a week for awhile for PT and realize that a guy my age is going to get injured just like a guy his age can. ; )



As Arnie says "I'll be baaaack"



Thanks for asking .

rpc

rpc - Oct 29, 2004 1:50 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Hey Dean,

so do these special exercises include doing more peakbagging :) or did the PT guy tell you to lay off of mountains for a while? Sorry to hear about that. I don't necessarily think it's an age issue. Last summer my wife got injured (partially torn Achilles' tendon) and the doc. blamed it on 5 days inactivity followed by 2 days of kick a.. activity = shock loading the system. This season, my shoulder has been really bothering me for ~2 months now - ignore and wait for it go away strategy does not seem to be working (as it usually seems to).



Anyway, I was flipping thru. Rand McNally road atlas yesterday and noticed that there's an Oregon Butte in SE Oregon as well (for a sec. I thought your page was for that one). Wish you a speedy recovery Dean (look at it this way, at least it did not happen in the middle of summer :)

Bob Bolton

Bob Bolton - Oct 25, 2004 1:14 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice work as always Dean!

Dean

Dean - Oct 25, 2004 1:22 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Bob. I hope your weekend was more exciting than mine so I've been putting up SP stuff. I had thought about doing Oregon Butte for quite some time but never could push myself to do it. Finally, I got around to it although my photos are skimpy and somewhat disappointing. Your pics of Charleston are outstanding.

Bob Bolton

Bob Bolton - Oct 27, 2004 2:19 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

I like your pix of OB much better than mine in the fog! On Charleston I tried to make the best of a harrowing situation, but didn't have the heart to photograph it like I should have. It was truly beautiful, but the will just wasn't there to take the time or freeze the body. Would love to have seen the view from up there!

Gangolf Haub

Gangolf Haub - Oct 25, 2004 4:55 am - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

The page is very nice but you forgot to mention why you really posted it : because it hasn't been climbed by Paul Klenke (or has it?) and was one of the few Washington mountains that could still be posted!



:-)

Dean

Dean - Oct 25, 2004 10:31 am - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thank you. I appreciate the vote and comments. The map was helpful to give people an idea of where t his one is located, in a forgotten corner of the state.

Bor

Bor - Oct 25, 2004 1:05 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Nice nice page! :-)

Dean

Dean - Oct 25, 2004 2:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Bor for the vote and comment. I appreciate your visit.

brenta

brenta - Oct 25, 2004 1:37 pm - Voted 10/10

Untitled Comment

Well written and complete. Oregon Butte looks like a great place to relax and enjoy Nature. Thanks for posting!

Dean

Dean - Oct 25, 2004 2:22 pm - Hasn't voted

Untitled Comment

Thanks Brenta for the vote and comments. Somehow I missed the volcanoe spelling error but thanks to you I've corrected that.

Viewing: 1-20 of 33
12
Return to 'Oregon Butte (WA)' main page