Viewing: 1-3 of 3
hgrapid

hgrapid - Jul 1, 2007 7:29 pm - Voted 10/10

TOPO marks OFF

114.19013°E is wrong. It should be 114.19013°W.
Edit and make -114.19013

hgrapid

hgrapid - Jul 1, 2007 7:33 pm - Voted 10/10

Good page, but...

I think you need to flush out the route information. Elevation gain, distance. Is the trail straight-forward? You give the hours, but I know mountains in Montana don't always have straight-forward hiking trails. Maybe you should answer those questions on the page. If you do that and fix the topo coordinates, you'll have a 10/10 page, and I will be happy to change my vote.

Michael Hoyt

Michael Hoyt - Jul 1, 2007 9:25 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Good page, but...

Thanks for catching my (-) mistake for East vs. West. Typo...

As to your contention that I didn't include elevation gain and distance, I did. They're at the bottom of the page. You probably didn’t get that far after seeing my East vs. West error. Understandable.

On most of my route (and sometimes combo Mountain-Route) pages, I place that info at the bottom along with a topo map and a profile of the route to provide just the sort of information you suggest is needed. I agree, for the Bitterroots, it is definitely required to help people understand the wide variation of trail types and conditions we have here.

Thanks again, Mike

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Piquett Mountain' main page