Pulha Ri Comments

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Eleutheros

Eleutheros - May 9, 2008 2:44 pm - Hasn't voted

Lhotse not 3rd highest

Thanks for posting this beautiful peak. Did your team make the first ascent?

In the overview you listed Lhotse as the 3rd highest peak, a distinction belonging to Kangchenjunga. Lhotse is 4th overall.

Corax

Corax - May 9, 2008 4:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Lhotse not 3rd highest

Embarrassing.
Thanks for finding this unbelievable mistake.

I soloed the peak. Yes a FA.

tanya

tanya - May 13, 2008 6:20 pm - Voted 10/10

Brrrrr!!!!

I just got chilly! Wonderful report! :)

Corax

Corax - May 14, 2008 5:05 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Brrrrr!!!!

Thanks!
It was a very cold, but enjoyable climb.
I like your canyon submissions. Beautiful places. Have to try some of that out one day.

MoapaPk

MoapaPk - May 16, 2008 6:27 pm - Voted 10/10

good design

Not just a sop ;^). You really do put a lot of effort into your pages, and they are well-organized and informative. Stuff I can only dream about...

Love that cornice.

Corax

Corax - May 22, 2008 1:11 am - Hasn't voted

Re: good design

Thanks for the comments and vote. Yes, I don't want to make thin pages which leaves the viewer with a lot of additional questions. And I also think it's fun to make the pages. Lots of memories are coming back and you kind of "re-climb" the peak again.

LS

LS - Jan 24, 2009 10:31 am - Voted 10/10

Bad memory

I can't recall to have noticed this peak when I stood on top of Gyatso La in 2005. Next time I go bicycling in Tibet, I surely will combine bicycling and mountaineering on the same trip, even if it add 5+ kg weight on my bicycle.

Corax

Corax - Jan 26, 2009 4:30 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Bad memory

I didn't see it first time I was there either! Some backpackers had told me there were excellent views of Everest from the pass and as it was a bit cloudy I was hanging around looking for the big one for hours, instead of looking a bit to the right and Pulha Ri.
Biking and mountaineering is a great combination!

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Pulha Ri' main page