Tetmajer's route

Tetmajer's route

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 49.13000°N / 20.09400°E
Additional Information Route Type: hike and easy rock climbing
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: most part walk-up, last part UIAA I
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach



Normally this route begins from Slezsky Dom (how to get to Slezsky Dom see the main page of Bradavica).

You can reach already this route on Pol’ský Hrebeň / Polski Grzebień from:

  1. Zbojnicka Chata (how to get here see the main page) – follow the blue-marked trail going through Prielom / Rohatka and after the pass turn left (south) on the green-marked trail leading on Pol’ský Hrebeň (2h)
  2. horolezecké táborisko (climbers’ camp) in Bielovodská Valley (you can get here from Lysá Pol’ana following the blue-marked trail) – follow the blue marked trail leading on Prielom / Rohatka and before the pass turn right (south) on the green-marked trail leading on Pol’ský Hrebeň(2h)



Route Description



Take the green marked trail and follow it through Velická / Wielicka Valley on Pol’ský Hrebeň (2h). On the pass turn right (east) and follow the yellow-marked trail on Vychodná Vysoká / Mała Wysoka (45 min).

On the top leave the marked trail and turn right (south-east) and climb down by a mild sloping, scree ridge on Studené Sedlo / Obłazowa Przełęcz (pass), after that up on a top of Kupola / Baniasta Turnia and again down on Sedlo pod Kupolou / Zwalista Przełęcz (pass) (40 min). From the pass follow a narrow ridge, through a few crags on a top of Westerov Štít / Zwalista Turnia (the one overhanging crag climb round on right side) ans next climb down by a still jagged, narrow ridge on Zvodná Lávka / Zwodna Ławka (you can go round this part of the ridge much easier by grassy-rocky slope on your right) (45 min).

On the pass turn left on Vel’ká Studená / Staroleśna Valle’s side and through a little slab climb down on a bottom of a deep couloir falling down from Sedlo Bradavic / Klimkowe Wrótka. Next follow up this couloir on the pass. Here turn left and climb up by scree and blocks of rock on Klimkowa Turnia – the left and the highest crag of Bradavica.


Essential Gear


Normal hiking gear

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.

BradavicaRoutes