My 2016 Bryce Photos

My 2016 Bryce Photos

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking, Scenery

My 2016 Bryce Photos

The third time was the charm when it came to having good enough weather at Bryce National Park (not snowing) to do a hike that had been on my wishlist for several years.  We left St. George in the morning, made the hour or so detour off of I-15 to get to Bryce, did the hike in the afternoon, and got back to Salt Lake City in the evening.  The kids had a great time admiring the hoodoos and passageways through the colorful rock.  We hiked from Sunset Point down past Wall Street along the Navajo Loop, linked up with the Peakaboo Loop (which we did in a clockwise direction, offering stunning views of the Wall of Windows, which I felt was the most impressive section), and then hiked back up to the amphitheater rim through Queens Garden to Sunrise Point (from there it's a short walk on a paved trail back to the Sunset Point parking lot).  Ivy was a bit tired on the last section of the ascent, but overall our children handled the 6-mile, 1700-foot elevation change hike just fine (8 and 4 year olds walked, 1 year old rode in backpack), despite the fact that for one short stretch we actually got hailed on.  I'd rate this one right at the top of my list of favorite family hikes, and I feel it's one of the best, if not the best, trail hike in all of Utah.  It highlights the best scenery in the park, and presents some of the most unique rock formations in the entire country.


Comments

No comments posted yet.



Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.