Viewing: 1-15 of 15
Athos791

Athos791 - Aug 9, 2009 10:39 am - Voted 10/10

Awesome report..

Great writing and pictures. It sounds like you had an amazing trip even without the summit. That must have been nerve racking sitting there wondering if a teammate will be coming back or not...

icypeak

icypeak - Aug 9, 2009 11:53 am - Voted 10/10

Super report!

Really enjoyed it..great detail and fantastic story!

radson

radson - Aug 9, 2009 12:11 pm - Hasn't voted

Great

A candid and honest report. It's always refreshing to read a humble account of travels in the higher ranges.

centrifuge

centrifuge - Aug 9, 2009 1:46 pm - Voted 10/10

excellent report

It was a great read with loads of details that really kept me reading, some of the photos were really amazing as well. :)

Sierra Ledge Rat

Sierra Ledge Rat - Aug 9, 2009 11:07 pm - Voted 10/10

Quite a first expedition

You are brave to travel to Pakistan in these times. I traveled to Karachi in the 1980s and the first thing I did was get changed into a Shalwar Chamises (we called them Shower Jamies) so we would blend in. "It was quite intimidating because it's Everest and here everyone had done it." I can't imagine what I would have thought sitting at that table. HAC (High Altitude Crap) is a major problem. On Denali we dug out a tent platform at 15,500 feet on the West Rib at the only reasonable spot and it was all frozen turd. Your report was enjoyable and it had me sitting on the edge of my chair. Thank you!

adventurepk

adventurepk - Aug 10, 2009 12:50 am - Voted 10/10

Great detail !

Thank you very much that you share your report and fantastic picture of Broad peak !
Great report and Fantastic pictures
Thanks

eza

eza - Aug 10, 2009 11:03 am - Voted 10/10

Great trip report

Thanks for posting it, it's been a great read. And congratulations on your first expedition, it's got to be an incredible experience even if you don't reach the summit. Oh, yes, and wonderful pictures also!

eferesen

eferesen - Aug 10, 2009 2:52 pm - Voted 10/10

Awesome

You are a straight up gangsta!!! Fantastic report.

mstender

mstender - Aug 10, 2009 5:10 pm - Voted 10/10

Thanks!

Thanks for posting this outstanding report. I like the attention to detail and desription of the day-to-day life as part of an expidition. I am glad you made it back to tell your story.

nicozone

nicozone - Aug 11, 2009 3:45 pm - Voted 9/10

Great TR!

Excellent trip report. This has a perspective that I've rarely come across for any of the larger mountains, especially for the 8000m peaks. Its refreshing to read about someone who doesn't consider themselves a world-class climber tackling the giants.

This trip report does need a good spell checking though to be easier to read and follow. There were a few points that I had to reread because of spelling errors. Excellent report overall. Good luck on your future climbs; I look forward to reading about them.

CBakwin

CBakwin - Aug 12, 2009 10:30 am - Hasn't voted

good

Well written, this report really puts us in the location, I love your perspective, no ego! Refreshing.

BigRob

BigRob - Aug 12, 2009 12:00 pm - Hasn't voted

Good Stuff

I loved reading this TR. I usually develop ADD about 2 paragraphs in, but this thing held my attention. In my mind, I don't know whether the danger in Pakistan would be more from climbing or from regional instability.

ubuntu83 - Aug 13, 2009 11:07 pm - Voted 9/10

A Nice TR

Good to see a TR of a Peak located in Pakistan. It's amazing to see the affects of bad journalism and Media created hype. Pakistan's Federally Administered Northern Areas are completely safe from any terrorist activity. The areas affected by terrorism are Federally Administered Tribal Areas(FATA) and North West Frontier Province(NWFP) mostly because of the foreign troops presence in the Afghanistan.
It's so brave of you to choose a Peak in Karakorum range for your first 8000er attempt. Peaks in Karakorum are considered most difficult to climb because of their steepness and uncertain weather conditions. Wish you good luck for the future climbs.

Isaiah

Isaiah - Aug 18, 2009 9:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Thank you!

Thanks everybody for your comments! I fixed some of the spelling errors.

I have to recommend to anyone that is even a semiserious mountaineer to make a trip to Pakistan. The mountains are just unbelievable!

fzte

fzte - Dec 17, 2010 11:42 am - Voted 10/10

Great trip report!

Thanks for the great write-up. This has really piqued my interest in climbing in Pakistan.

Viewing: 1-15 of 15
Return to 'My First Expedition: Broad Peak' main page