NE approach

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.47959°N / 13.34570°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Mountaineering, Scrambling
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Sign the Climber's Log

Getting There

Monte Schenone / Lipnik mapThe map of the area.


The trailheads for Monte Schenone / Lipnik can be reached from the highway Udine - Tarvisio. But you must exit the highway in Pontebba (and drive southwards by the local road).

From the Pontebba you drive to the east by the local road to the village Bagni di Lusnizza, 635m where you must find the start of the route number 603. Here we park because the macadam road is very hard approachable by the vehicle.

Route Description

View to Monte Schenone / Lipnik.Below the pass Sella Bieliga, 1479m.
On the low route.By the tunnel.

Just some meters above the parking place is a crossing. We follow the signposts for the route number 603 (the right one). First we walk on the steep road that goes up in steep switchbacks. On the altitude around 1150m we cross the steep slopes high above the ravine of the river Rio del Solfo. We ascend over the nice route through the forest to the pass Sella Biéliga / Dol, 1479m.

From here we continue in the west direction over the grassy slope to the forest. We find a route and we ascend to the saddle on the altitude around 1800 meters. Here also come the route from the valley Dogna/Dunja. From here we see the summit of Lipnik. Now we must cross the long grassy slopes below the summit Clap del Jovel, 1846m. We come on the small saddle where the route from the Malga Pocet (meadow) comes. From here we must cross the airy shelf and ascend some meters over the grassy and rocky slope and we come on the summit.

We must descend by the sam route if we have a car there. (on the first part of the route, over the grassy slopes, we can descend to the saddle on the altitude around 1800m by the low route)

Essential Gear

Good hiking shoes.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.