Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Dean

Dean - Mar 8, 2010 4:28 am - Voted 10/10

Good to see

Good to see this SP page not only for the content but for a heck of a contribution. Nice work for page numero uno. Of course I know you already have made a great dent in the Utah info thanks to your special website but it is nice to see this contribution. Way to go.

Scott

Scott - Mar 8, 2010 11:02 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice

There aren't many pages on Summitpost featuring mountains that I haven't climbed yet, but this is one of them. Nice job. I've always wondered what the views were like from up there.

drobrecht - Apr 24, 2020 8:39 am - Voted 8/10

Pole Canyon to Nelson

I'd like to see Pole Canyon added to the page as a route to Nelson. I started with a 3 mile bike ride, although one can drive high clearance (or maybe even low clearance if you know a route) most of that. The hike up Pole Canyon is really pretty - mostly an unusually tall gambel oak forest which gives shade but no need for bushwacking.
Then a snowshoe along the ridge which was somewhat challenging in the middle of a whiteout hailstorm but I think would be very nice later (or even earlier) in the year. I didn't see any red tape as long as you stay from the ridge West.
Compared to the described route, this sounds much nicer to me!

Viewing: 1-3 of 3
Return to 'Nelson Peak (UT)' main page