Newbury Trail

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 43.31380°N / 72.0745°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hike (Walk Up)
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: CLass 1 with one steep pitch
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach

Nice shot northeast from the...


VIA NEWBURY TRAILHEAD: Trail is located Right where Lake Sunapee connects with NH 103. However parking is very scarce on this trail send most people to the village of Newbury to park.

Route Description

Another shot north from a ski...


Newbury Trail
Class 1 with one steep pitch
2.9 miles (5.8 roundtrip)
1850' elevation gain



The Newbury Trail start from the town of Newbury and is less traveled trail then Andrews Brook. It is also the most difficult of the three trails. The trail start as a steady climb and in about 300 yards it leads to pretty ledge overlook of Lake Sunapee. The trail then continues until it reachs the steep with another overlook about one mile from the trailhead. It then summits the South Peak of Mt. Sunapee where it levels out. The trail stays level but is rocky in this section. It then continues to the Lake Solitude Trail which will lead to the White Cliffs and the summit of Mt. Sunapee.

Essential Gear

Essential hiking gear in summer. Talk to a ski officials in winter before hiking up because they may ask for a fifty dollar lift ticket tag.

Miscellaneous Info

If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.