No Name Peak Via South West Ridge/gully

No Name Peak Via South West Ridge/gully

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 59.44699°N / 135.24445°W
Additional Information GPX File: Download GPX » View Route on Map
Additional Information Route Type: Mountaineering
Seasons Season: Summer
Additional Information Time Required: A long day
Additional Information Difficulty: class 4-
Additional Information Rock Difficulty: Class 4
Additional Information Grade: III
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

No Name Peak can be scene from anywhere in downtown Skagway. to reach the base of the peak one must hike to upper dewey lake. here you have the option of staying the paid nice cabin or the free climbers cabin. from the cabins walk left around the lake on a path that follows the shore line and find the "key hole" that sits directly south of the paid cabin on the opposite side of the lake. from here work your way up to the bench. once on the bench head left and up hill to the prominent gully/ faint ridge on its left side. climb the ridge on the left side of the gully all the way to its summit and turn left to scurry/ scramble over to the summit. the summit to the right is not No Name it is its own peak. 

Getting There

Add Getting There text here.

Route Description

nice technical route finding and scrambling to gain the summit.

Essential Gear

non technical mountaineering equipment
Helmets recommended


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.