Normal approach from the meadow Pecol

Normal approach from the meadow Pecol

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.41703°N / 13.46306°E
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking, Scrambling, Via Ferrata
Seasons Season: Summer, Fall
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: First nice marked route then some secured parts on ferrata Ceria Merlone.
Sign the Climber's Log

Getting There

For this ascent you must deter from the highway in Chiusaforte and travel through Rakolana (Reklanica, Raccolana) valley to Sella Nevea (Nevejsko sedlo) pass, 1142 m. This pass can also be reached from Tarvisio towards south through Valle Rio di Lago (Jezerska dolina). On Sella Nevea you turn towards north-west and drive by a narrow alpine road to Malga Pecol (meadow), 1520 m.

Route Description

The part of the west face where ferrata Ceria Merlone comes on the upper ridge.The short wall that you have to climb.

From the parking place you continue in the NE direction over the macadam road all the way up to well visible hut Rif. Brazza, 1680m. From the hut you continue in the north direction to the crossing. Here you follow the signposts for Spik Hude Police / Cima di Terrarossa. Before you come to the steeper part of slopes you cross nice grassy slopes where you can hear, rarely see, a lot of marmots. Soon you come to the steeper part where in many switchbacks you cross the south slopes of Spik nad Tratico / Cima Cambon, 2391m. The route is well marked and very wide. It is an old military route. In sunny days here you will meet many people.

Soon you come to the start of the ferrata Ceria Merlone, where you turn in east direction. You cross the steep grassy slopes below the ridge all the way to the notch Forca de lis Sieris, 2274m.

From here you continue to the start of the steep ravine. First you walk over the steep scree and then you come in to the short wall. You climb it up with help of iron cable. You reach the south ridge. Now you climb all the way to the man ridge. Somewhere you have to climb a bit. When you come to the ridge, the route turns to the right and over airy ridge you reach the main summit of Spik nad Nosom, 2531m.

You descend by the sam route or you can continue to Spik nad Spranjo / Modeon del Buinz, 2558m over ferrata Ceria Merlone.

Essential Gear

Good hiking shoes, helmet and self-secured system.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.