Normal route from La Toma

Normal route from La Toma

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 30.5°S / 64.28°W
Additional Information Route Type: Hiking
Seasons Season: Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter
Additional Information Time Required: Half a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Well marked path with some very easy rock sections
Sign the Climber's Log

Overview

This is the easiest and most popular route up the Cerro Uritorco, and it is very very popular... but also very rewarding with nice views all along the path and 360° scenery from the top of the Sierras Chicas de Córdoba range.

From Capilla del Monte, you can walk up the Cerro Uritorco (1979m) in a few hours and enjoy the views from the mountain's flat top before walking down where a refreshing lake (or some beer, or both) awaits you.

Getting There

The walk starts in a place called "La Toma" or "Base Uritorco". See the page for Cerro Uritorco for more details on getting there.

Route Description

The route description will be added shortly but for now, suffice to say that the path is well marked and you should not have any problems finding the route. You can also check out the external link below for more details.

Essential Gear

No particular gear is needed. Indeed, most argentine visitors don't bother with hiking boots. In autumn, winter and spring, no running water is available on the mountain so taking adequate supplies is a good idea.

External Links

The mountain's very own website details the ascent using pictures: here


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.