Normal

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 32.58°S / 69.24°W
Additional Information Route Type: Basic snow (depending the time of the year)
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: Walk-up
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


Climbing can start from Ski Center, Las Veguitas or Piedra Grande. From Ski Center or Las Veguitas you have to go up the valley and move to the right side of it until you see the base of the couloirs. From Piedra Grande you will need to descent a little until you arrive to the same place.

Route Description


Looking form Piedra Grande, there are a couple of couloirs at the right of the mountain. Any of them can be used to start. Depending on the amount of snow you have to choose the one you look better. All this will mainly be done from East to West surrounding a ridge. All the couloirs converge and following this you will arrive to a very large snow field called "canchita de futbol" (fooball field 32 58.146S 69 23.800W). The summit (32 58.391S 69 24.000W - 3200 mts) is at South of this place, at your left. Even the summit looks very clear from Piedra Grande, is confusing from the other side. It's really a ridge with some small elevations, and one of them is the summit. Look at photographs to have a better understanding of it.

Essential Gear


Depending on the amount of snow, crampons may be needed.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.