Hiked in via Pugatory Creek Trail and it rained the whole time in. We camped at the really nice shelter close to the river instead of hiking all the way into Chicago Basin. We missed our alarm the next morning and got a 2 hour late start. We ended up only doing Eulos and North Eulos. If you can afford and extra 2.5 hours, do the hike in! Its not that bad.
I joined the ridge to the right of the summit and found a interesting step-a-round move required to move back to the summit.
camped in Chicago Basin
Headed over from Mount Eolus at 9:45AM and reunited with my friend Bob near the "catwalk". We then reached the empty summit together at 10:25 with threatening skies clearing by-the-minute. Stayed and enjoy the company of three others (Dan, Eric & Whitney)along with great views. Left at 11:10AM and back down to camp in Chicago Basin at 2:03PM. Lots of people to-and-from this peak today. Nice way to close-out the Colorado 14'ers; my 58th..........Way sweet!
A short but fun 3rd class scramble on good rock. Some good views of Glacier Point and Sunlight from this vantage.
Did this and Eolus after climbing Sunlight. Great view! We didn't have enough time and or water to try to get Windom in too that same day.
More solid than Eolus.
First of the four 14er summits in a day. Nice slab walking to the ridge, fun short scramble to the summit. Beautiful weather, gorgeous views!
With approaching rain showers and weather coming up the Chicago Basin, we opted for North Eolus instead of Eolus. Definitely a good call as as soon as we made it down to Twin Lakes the hailstorm unleashed. Thanks for putting this page up!
Climbed North Eolus after climbing Sunlight/Windom. Weather started changing, but the forcast was worse for the next day so we went ahead and climbed it. Nice grippy rock. Fun scramble. Number #32 of #58.
The rock on this mountain is so granular you can walk down it at 60 degrees. There are cliff faces with unlimited potential on the non-standard approach side.
Bailed On Eolus b/c of weather, but scrambled to this summit instead for a good preview of the route to Eolus. Next day climbed Eolus.
After waiting the rain out, we opted for North Eolus rather than Eolus.