North Shore of Lake Superior

North Shore of Lake Superior

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Hiking

The North Shore of Lake Superior

After reading the excellent Area/Rage page for The Sawtooth Range (MN) submitted by samh I decided it was time to dig out my 25 year old pictures from my bicycle trip in that area - an area I have usually referred to as The North Shore of Lake Superior.

This is an excellent area for water enthusiasts. Attempting to visit the large number of waterfalls, cascades, rivers and lakes could keep you busy for a very long time.

These are all scanned photos so I apologize for the lower picture quality.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-4 of 4
dwhike

dwhike - Oct 27, 2008 10:56 am - Voted 10/10

No apologies...

No need to apologize, I love the pics. The north shore is such a beautiful place, can't wait for my next trip up!

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Oct 27, 2008 5:24 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: No apologies...

Thanks for all the votes. I figured you would probably like this album! I got pretty motivated after I saw the Sawtooth Range page. Brought back good memories from a great bike trip so I figured it was time to break out the scanner and get these posted. Now I'm trying to figure out how to get back to the North Shore in 09'. I'll let you know if I head that way. Thanks again.

samh

samh - Nov 11, 2008 6:04 pm - Voted 10/10

Vintage

Woohoo, vintage photos! Very nice, Mark! Do you have a favorite that you think would look nice on the Sawtooth Range page?

MarkDidier

MarkDidier - Nov 11, 2008 10:01 pm - Hasn't voted

Re: Vintage

Very vintage photos indeed!!! Like I wrote, when I saw your Sawtooth Range page, I got motivated to get the scanner out. Feel free to use whichever you think would work best for your page. I personally think High Falls, Pigeon River (id 456879) is the best. The volume of water is pretty amazing. Thanks for the comments and vote.

Viewing: 1-4 of 4


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.