Viewing: 1-8 of 8
gjagiels

gjagiels - Feb 21, 2007 4:40 pm - Voted 10/10

Excellent!

Very nice pictures and Trip Report! The GPS Waypoints can be very useful to someone new to the area. The House Range is definately special and an excellent viewing spot in the west desert. I'm glad to see you enjoyed this mountain it is one of my personal favourites!

mountaingazelle

mountaingazelle - Feb 21, 2007 5:17 pm - Voted 10/10

Good Job

Nice photos of the summit cliff. You were lucky to be able to climb Notch Peak in winter. It looks like we are getting some snow storms soon.

Dean

Dean - Feb 21, 2007 5:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Nice report

Since this is on my tick list, I enjoyed your report and the pics.
I was in the Las Vegas area climbing Hayford peak this weekend and we had snow conditions somewhat similar to yours. I appreciate your extra's (gps and the link to your pics). Nicely written.

madsjim

madsjim - Feb 21, 2007 6:10 pm - Hasn't voted

Thank You

It was a great day to be out climbing in the House range, with hazardous avalanche conditions in the Wasatch there was little to do close to home so we went out to the desert and it was perfect. It was my first time there, and I was impresssed. Winter seems like a perfect time of year to explore this area.

KirtDavis

KirtDavis - Feb 22, 2007 2:55 am - Voted 10/10

Great!

Definately on my to do list. I can't wait for it!

Ammon Hatch

Ammon Hatch - Feb 23, 2007 6:43 am - Voted 10/10

Excellent

I really enjoyed this report. The pictures are great, especially of the giant north face. Truly a spectacular area.

zcochran

zcochran - Feb 24, 2007 9:53 am - Voted 10/10

Very good report

Thanks for the excellent report and the GPS points. Even in the summer, the dirt roads can be a little tricky to navigate, and the route can be a little uncertain as well. Also, thanks for the fantastic pictures. It's really a breathtaking place, and while I love seeing other people get more aware of it, I love that it's so isolated and private most of the time.

Anyway, thanks for the great report.

ultraviolet - Feb 24, 2007 5:08 pm - Hasn't voted

Good Stuff

Nice report and pics. Notch is a magical place.

Viewing: 1-8 of 8
Return to 'Notch Peak in Winter' main page