Novice at Ortler

Novice at Ortler

Page Type Page Type: Album
Additional Information Image Type(s): Alpine Climbing

Ascending a monarch

I summited Ortler, my personal summit of the year via normal route on 27th september 2008. The date was the 204th anniversary of the first ascend of Ortler. We had the base at Tabarettahuette. The day before summit day I ascended Barenkopf (not sure about the name of the peak), point 2948 m at the map, just 15 minutes north of the Barenkopfscharte/Forcella Dell'Orso (2871 m). I hope to write a TR and convert this album to a TR page.

Ortler was my first 3000-metres summit, first summit in Alps and I was for the first time in my life on a glacier. My previous altitude record was the High Tatras' summit of Rysy (2503 m), so I added marginal 1401 altitude meters. You can imagine both my excitement during the trip and how tired I was after the descend to the Tabarettahuette. We started as a big group of 21 climbers (about a half were novices). 8 of us ascended summit, most of us had to go back from Tabaretta ridge.

External Links

Add External Links text here.

Comments

Post a Comment
Viewing: 1-1 of 1
jck

jck - Oct 9, 2008 9:29 am - Voted 10/10

Congratulations!

Nice Thomas! You passed the first exam, now it's time form more. Wish you luck.
jacek

Viewing: 1-1 of 1


Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.