NW flank

Page Type Page Type: Route
Location Lat/Lon: 46.24000°N / 7.19000°E
Additional Information Route Type: Scramble
Additional Information Time Required: Most of a day
Additional Information Difficulty: F
Sign the Climber's Log

Approach


From Derborence follow the good path to Col de la Forcla until Plan des Fosses.
From Ovronnaz or Cabane Rambert, follow the good paths to Col de la Forcla and make a slight descent direction east until 2400 m ca.

Route Description


There is no given route through this enormous flank of rubble, but you have to pass slightly southwest of P. 2540 to avoid a steep wall. Now you make a tiresome traverse to the area of P. 2490. Follow the ridge of very poor rock to P. 2739 (can also be reached by using a steep couloir). Follow the N ridge until it becomes difficult. Make a traverse to the east ridge and reach the summit after passing a small notch (II).

Essential Gear


Sturdy boots are all you need when conditions are fine.

Miscellaneous Info


If you have information about this route that doesn't pertain to any of the other sections, please add it here.
Parents 

Parents

Parents refers to a larger category under which an object falls. For example, theAconcagua mountain page has the 'Aconcagua Group' and the 'Seven Summits' asparents and is a parent itself to many routes, photos, and Trip Reports.