Oracle Jacket

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Oracle Jacket
Manufacturer Marmot
Page By miztflip
Page Type Mar 31, 2005 / Mar 31, 2005
Object ID 1287
Hits 3656
Vote
This lightweight jacket is created with a fusion of technologies, including durable stretch fabric in key movement areas such as the shoulder and underarms.

Nylon shell with new PreCip Plus™ waterproof, breathable coating is 50% more breathable for increased comfort while engaging in highly active sports. DryTouch™ next to the skin reduces condensation and that sticky, clammy feeling.
All seams are micro-stitched and seam taped to ensure a durable, fully protective jacket.

Stiff-brimmed storm hood with Cranium Cord Adjustment for unhindered peripheral vision; stashes away in zippered collar.

Extra-large mesh Pack Pockets™ double as core vents; they also feature a convenient audio port.

Athletic fit, stretch anatomic articulation and Angel-wing Movement® allow comfortable, unrestricted range of motion.
DriClime® lines the collar and chin guard.
Full-length front zipper is protected by a storm flap outside and backed inside to protect from wind penetration.

Elastic drawcord hem. Velcro cuff adjustments.

Several of these are upgrades and improvements over last years model.

Images

Reviews


Viewing: 1-5 of 5

miztflip - Apr 1, 2005 4:47 pm - Voted 5/5

Untitled Review
I must of tried on 100 lightweight shells before finally buying this one. It's not the lightest one out there but is full of features, a bit more durable and still only weighs just over a pound.



The stretch material on the shoulders and under the arms help to reduce the affects of wearing a pack. The protect the waterproof coating.



All seams are taped and there are both pits zips and vented pockets. Lots of adjustments for the hood and hem to prevent cold air and rain from getting in.



Unlike alot of lightweights, this one does have fully adjustable, velcro cuffs for a better fit.

Grizz42 - Oct 8, 2007 7:47 pm - Voted 3/5

Not completely waterproof
Just completed a hike up Mount Si in Washington in a complete downpour for 2.5 hours. I though that it would hold up but I might as well have not been wearing it at all. I was still soaked when we got back.

Although it is a great shell that is windproof and lightweight and performed great during perfect conditions in Bolivia.

aemter - Jan 2, 2009 8:23 pm - Voted 4/5

Decent shell jacket
First of all, I paid a little over $60 for this jacket new on steepandcheap.com, so I must say it's a great value at that price. It has good wrist closures which I think are vital to a good shell. The pit zips are very useful for venting, and I need a lot of venting when I'm doing anything remotely strenuous in this jacket. My experience with the waterproofing has been very good. The breathability leaves a bit to be desired though. The hood is good and stows nicely in the collar. Overall a good shell, even if you do pay full price!

asaking11 - Oct 27, 2009 1:27 am - Voted 5/5

Good Shell
This shell has always worked out good for me. I have been stuck outside in some pretty nasty rain storms back east, and if you cinch this thing down it will keep you bone dry.

Woodie Hopper - Sep 10, 2011 12:16 pm - Voted 4/5

Good lightweight shell
I used this jacket on a recent climb of the Matterhorn. Although it's not the lightest choice, it's durable enough to wear with a backpack and not worry about tearing it. I thought it was fairly breathable as well. Overall a good combination of price, weight and durability when you don't need a lot of insulation and only need moderate insurance for wet conditions.

Viewing: 1-5 of 5