Struktura

 

Page Type Gear Review
Object Title Struktura
Manufacturer Lowa
Page By StephaneFitch
Page Type Mar 22, 2004 / Mar 22, 2004
Object ID 1049
Hits 4530
Vote
Bi-injection shell with two-piece tongue and adjustable cuff spoiler. Inner boot has Cordura and loden lining and rubber inner boot sole. Three aluminum micro buckles have safety clips to prevent them from opening. Boot has a velcro "power strap" to tighten fit at shin and ski-walk lever. This boot is compatible with Silvretta and Fritschi randonee bindings.

Reviews


Viewing: 1-1 of 1

kjkrow - Mar 1, 2005 3:01 pm - Voted 4/5

Untitled Review
I purchased my Strukturas from Backcountry.com and have been pleased with them. They are not the most comfortable boots for my feet, however they do fit well. Mine are size 14 and my feet are somewhat wide. After skiing them, it feels like the arch on my left foot is being constricted by the shell of the boot.

On the plus side however, the liners are very nice, and the buckle system provides for a nice roomy fit on ascent and a tight secure fit on descent. The ski/walk lever works fairly well, but a lot of flex remains, even when the lever is locked in the ski position.

My bindings are Fritschi Freerides and the boots work great with them. Snow on the soles of the boots is not a problem and the boots walk well by themselves, thanks to a rubber outsole and generous flex.

If you're looking for a cheaper alternative to Garmont and Scarpa, the Struktura's provide good comfort and performance for a much cheaper price.

Viewing: 1-1 of 1