Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Alberto Rampini

Alberto Rampini - Nov 29, 2011 11:37 am - Voted 10/10

Fantastic shots

My compliments!!!
Cheers.

Alberto Rampini

eza

eza - Dec 3, 2011 12:48 pm - Voted 10/10

Beautiful pictures

Outstanding images, Jon, thanks for sharing them. They've brought back happy memories from our summer holidays, three months ago.

EricChu

EricChu - Dec 11, 2011 2:36 pm - Voted 10/10

Congratulations from the depth of my heart!!!

Your pictures are absolutely incredible!!! Each one of them, with absolutely no exception, just took my breath away!!

Trevers89

Trevers89 - Dec 19, 2011 8:04 pm - Hasn't voted

Amazing gallery!

The Dolomites are definitely some of the most distinctive mountains anywhere. Your shot of Civetta struck a chord, I have unfinished business with that mountain!

What camera do you use? I want to progress my photography with my mountaineering, I'm not that experienced or kitted up for either at the moment though

jonybakery

jonybakery - Dec 20, 2011 4:07 am - Hasn't voted

Re: Amazing gallery!

Hey.

I use a mix of film and digital. More and more I use digital now as the cameras are so good. I use a Canon 5d MkII and its great. A tripod is a must and I never go into the mountains without one. If we want to shoot in low levels of light you need one. Most of my panoramics are 6 digital images stitched together and for this I use a panoramic tripod head...lets me get the 6 images quick and all lined up.

Always shoot in RAW in your camera. This gives you the most flexibility in post processing. When you get your RAW files out the camera you need to understand the camera has done no internal calcs..ie no contrast or saturation has been added. it lets you process the image in the way you want the image to be...ie recreate what you saw.

I really recommend getting the 5D MkII and its now a few years old so you cab probs pick one up pretty cheaply. A new version is due out some time next year.

mills

mills - Dec 23, 2011 2:57 pm - Voted 10/10

Superb

Indeed jonybakery a superb gallery and read. Hoping to go to the Dolomites next Summer to climb the Cima Grande North Face by the Comici Dimai route.
Thanks for posting.

Marmaduke

Marmaduke - Jan 3, 2012 4:11 am - Voted 10/10

The Best Photos,

that I have seen in an album on SP since I joined 2 years ago. Truly fantastic, each photo virtually has something different. From colors, contrast, grays, blacks, low light, etc. Nice!!

jonybakery

jonybakery - Jan 3, 2012 5:48 am - Hasn't voted

thanks

Thanks all for your nice comments

SlavFlor - Mar 10, 2012 8:21 am - Voted 10/10

amazing photos

breath taking and amazing photos
How I wish I can witness these scenes personally :(

Ejnar Fjerdingstad

Ejnar Fjerdingstad - Apr 26, 2013 8:53 am - Voted 10/10

Great Dolomite Article,

with superb photos! I totally share your opinion of the Dolomites.

paulrichard10 - Apr 29, 2013 4:43 pm - Hasn't voted

No photos of rain?

Hehehe. I visited the Dolomites several times and every time I was there it rained and there were a lot of clouds covering the upper reaches of the mountains.

It IS a unique area and seeing your photos made me want to retuen. Thanks!

Viewing: 1-11 of 11
Return to 'Photography in the Dolomites' main page