View unanswered posts

Return to advanced search

In 12 hours I will be back at work reading SP to keep from going nuts on my coworkers! Have fun. Costa Rica is one of my favorite countries.
by
Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:37 pm

Forum: Mexico, Central America and Caribbean
Topic: Goin' To Costa Rica!
Replies: 8
Views: 4175

Thanks for the info. I didn't think the respective gov'ts would make it easy, theres too much money in it. Also, the logistics of it would be damn near impossible. Sherpas, food etc... would make it a nightmare. Not to mention that most of the climbers at that level tend to be pretty honest people (...
by
Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:46 am

Forum: Asia
Topic: penalties for climbing without a permit
Replies: 3
Views: 1606

penalties for climbing without a permit

Anyone know what the penalties are for climbing K-2 or Everest without a permit? Also, have there been any cases where either the Chinese, Nepalese or Pakistani gov't has prosecuted someone for it? It occurs to me that with fees in the thousands of dollars, financially at least its equal to grand th...
by
Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:34 pm

Forum: Asia
Topic: penalties for climbing without a permit
Views: 1606

Last time I drove through Baja we were stopped 5 times at checkpoints. They wern't looking for drugs, they were looking for weapons and explosives. At one point they found and old army hat of mine in the trunk, and while they were charging their FN rifles I had to explain that I used to be U.S. army...
by
Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:24 am

Topic: Attack/Robbery on Orizaba
Views: 2147

Re: need partner for Orizaba

Its cheaper to fly than pay for the gas driving down. tix under 300 bucks. best way to go.
by
Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:39 am

Topic: need partner for Orizaba
Replies: 15
Views: 6042

Return to advanced search