ABOUT ZUGSPITZE PEAK

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
andreeacorodeanu

ABOUT ZUGSPITZE PEAK

by andreeacorodeanu » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:41 pm

It's somebody who can tell me details about this peak or about area? Im interested to go in winter, january, and i want to know how is it in winter, routes, tehnical parts everything that u can tell :D . Thanks :)

cb294

by cb294 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:12 am

Zugspitze is a beautiful mountain with probably the ugliest summit in the alps. Completely covered in buildings, three cable cars, one alpine club hut, etc...

There are three main routes to Zugspitze, one via the Reintal and the Platt, which in winter is one big skiing area, and two via ferrata type routes, one from Ehrwald (Austria) and one via the Höllental. These can be done in winter in the right snow conditions, but it will be better to have a rope so you can belay across the stretches where the steel cable is buried in the snow. On the Höllental side my worry would be more whether one can access the headwall safely, the upper end of the valley looked to me very avalanche prone. Austrian side is another skiing area....

The one Zugspitze route I am considering to do this or next winter is the Jubiläum ridge, starting at Alpspitze (or the other way round). This is a serious route probably better done in two days, and you should have a look a the trip reports on the Zugspitze page.

Cheers,

Christian

andreeacorodeanu

by andreeacorodeanu » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:00 am

Aha... so the most safety route will be from Austria that i understand is not so nice, or to do what u will do from Jubilaum ridge hmmmmmmm, i will think to this... the bad thing is i dont have any maps of all this routes with all dates, i realy dont know anything about area cuz i dont find anything on internet...but i will think, maybe u have another ideas about this area (bavarian alps). Anyway thanks so much,

Keep climbing,
Cheers,
Andreea

andreeacorodeanu

by andreeacorodeanu » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:17 pm

we cant in december, we want in january or maybe february so sorry... :(

WouterB

by WouterB » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:35 pm

Interested in doing this one in february! Keep me posted, prefer pm's!

WouterB

by WouterB » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:46 pm

sjarelkwint wrote:was thinking about doing the hollenthal route at the end of december but can't find any partners ...

He could have asked me. Eventually I found this page, but now he has decided he isn't "ready" for it yet :D

P. Vis

by P. Vis » Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:58 pm

Did the Hollentalroute in may 2007 from Hammersbach, the same summer i did the Jubileumridge solo in 6.5 hours.

This year i want to do it again with snow on it but that won't be earlier then April for me, the plan was to go in March, but my climbingpartner cannot go earlier, so i hope in April there still will be enough snow on the ridge, to make it a bit more "alpine"

gr, Peter

WouterB

by WouterB » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:18 pm

I really want to do it. As soon as possible is the best time for me :). Just need to find someone to go along. Don't feel like going up solo... .

P. Vis

by P. Vis » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:57 pm

Maybe its an idea to keep in touch with eachother ??
The planning is to go in April for three days incl. the weekend.

WouterB

by WouterB » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:42 am

P. Vis wrote:Maybe its an idea to keep in touch with eachother ??
The planning is to go in April for three days incl. the weekend.

If you don't mind another like minded individual, I'll be happy to tag along! :D Just tell me where and when, I'll be there!

P. Vis

by P. Vis » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:00 pm

Ik vermoed dat het half april gaat worden, dat hangt van m'n klimmaatje af, dus nog even geduld.

Mocht je voor die tijd nog niet geweest zijn is het geen probleem om aan te klikken bij ons.

Gr, Peter

WouterB

by WouterB » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:03 pm

sjarelkwint wrote:As you know WouterB Zugspitze is a bit too fast for me ... Might be a great idea but will be something for next year!

Tenzij ik solo ga, is er dus weinig kans dat ik voor half april de Zugspitze kan beklimmen. Ik zou me dus met plezier aansluiten half april. Keep me posted ;)

P. Vis

by P. Vis » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:06 pm

Doe ik zeker !!

Next

Return to Europe