Adding New Routes

Get HTML help, style input, and feedback on your pages from other SP members.
hunterslee

Adding New Routes

by hunterslee » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:48 pm

Hey guys,

So I tried to add a new route to an existing page, Mt. Colonel Foster. When I hit submit a page came up with a whole whack of what looks like HTML computer language stuff. I though maybe that page wasn't open for route to be added, so I went to a mountain that I created, Rugged Mt. and tried to add a route there. Same thing happened, page comes up with a bunch of computer programming mumbo mumbo...

Any help out there? Did I hit some setting button along my surfing ways?

Thanks,
Hunter

Matt Lemke

Re: Adding New Routes

by Matt Lemke » Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:00 am

Did you add any funny weather links? Sometimes adding odd links will screw with the code.

hunterslee

by hunterslee » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:29 am

No I didn't add any funny links...perhaps it's because I'm on a Mac? I've added trip reports from this computer? I'll try the PC and see what happens....

rgg
Forum Moderator

by rgg » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:25 am

If it still doesn't work on the PC and you can't figure out why, you could try to add a route to Mt. Colonel Foster with as little information as possible: just enter something like TEST as name for the route, then submit it. If that works, then it's got to be something in the page you were trying to post itself. It can be something in the fields at the top of the page (in the past, certain characters in some fields have caused problems), or in the content below.

I just did the test too (but, for the record, in addition to entering a name I also made it Under Construction) and it worked fine. I then deleted the page of course, since it was just a test. But it proves that it's possible to add a route to Mt. Colonel Foster.

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:33 pm

From looking at your other route page, I gather you are embedding or copying from another site or inserting your own codes. If that's the case and you made one small error, it could explain the results you're seeing. If I look at your other page with the old editor, it shows all the computer mumbo-jumbo.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

hunterslee

by hunterslee » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:59 pm

Problem solved...I followed the advice and started with pretty much nothing and started adding bits till I hit a dead end. For some reason when I put, 10+ in for the amount of Pitches required to climb the route, the system spat it back at me. When I changed it to 10, all was good. Thanks for the help.

Return to Page Help