Anybody Do Winter Climb of Mt. Yushan/Jade Mountain,Taiwan?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Asia. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Asia Climbing Partners section.
deep6

Anybody Do Winter Climb of Mt. Yushan/Jade Mountain,Taiwan?

by deep6 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:08 am

:?: hey guys i'm interested in doing a snow/winter climb of mt. yushan aka jade mountain in taiwan so just wanted to hear from those that have done this before?

it seems like there are lots of hoops to jump through like getting a class A permit if your going above 3,000 meters($80 buxs! through a guide co. i hear) plus park entry fee? just wanted to see what are the best months w/ snow & ice for a descent climb and if equipped w/ axe/crampons would this be good? i'm shoot'n for a 2 or 3 day itineary so is it possible to arrange an overnight stay at the paiyun hut on the mountain?

i'm also open to a guide company as well if they could help me arrange all this but, how much do they normally charge for a setup trip like this? i tried contacting the taiwan alpine club but, didn't get any reply back. any help or info. would be much appreciated. please post up here or shoot me a PM. thank you.

Return to Asia