CA Parks Dept Intentionally Hid Funds

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
fedak

CA Parks Dept Intentionally Hid Funds

by fedak » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:13 am

CA Parks Dept intentionally hid funds while threatening park shutdowns due to funding
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/califor ... ation.html
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
http://www.fedak.net/backcountry.html

Bubba Suess

Re: CA Parks Dept Intentionally Hid Funds

by Bubba Suess » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:09 am

Like so much of the rest of California's government, the state parks crowd is either crooked or incompetent. My favorite part:
However, the report said it remained unclear whether ousted director Ruth Coleman knew about the accounting problems. Coleman declined to be interviewed for the investigation.

Of course she did.

officials are still determining whether the investigation will result in criminal charges.

They had better but I won't hold my breath.

Every single member of the state parks administration should get thrown out. They have things like this on their hands. Travesty.

thegib

Re: CA Parks Dept Intentionally Hid Funds

by thegib » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:07 pm

What's amazing to me, and under reported, is that this $54 million could have been a personal slush fund for directors to use - but it wasn't. No one is accusing parks' officials for misusing public funds. That suggests parks officials are generally decent people - perhaps more so than most of us.

Return to California