Chapel Pond Slab conditions?

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Eastern US. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Eastern US Climbing Partners section.
Autoxfil

Chapel Pond Slab conditions?

by Autoxfil » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:50 pm

Anyone been up recently? With the Catskills and the Gap getting rained on, I am thinking of heading to the daks tonight to get some ice tomorrow.

Any other nice single-day routes in the high peaks I should consider if CPS is a bust because of damming or such? Trails are OK, but I have more fun when the ropes are out.

climbxclimb

by climbxclimb » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:31 pm

CPS should be good, the weather in the Dacks was not so bad, check at the Mountaineer when you are in Keene valley to see if somebody climbed it this weekend, I am sure somebody did with the Ice festival in town.
Everything else is in good conditions, if you want a long route you can go to Avalanche Pass , and try Avalanche Mountain Gully 500 ft long, if you can lead WI4 or if you can lead harder try Fool`s Gold WI5+ 180 feet long, if you like something in WI3 range try Adirondike WI3+ 200 Ft long. These should all be in conditions.
Or without heading in the back country you can do multiplication Gully WI3+ 350 long.
Have fun...I am sick at home unfortunately....

Return to Eastern US (New England, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast)