Cincinnati Wide Receiver -- Dead

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
Guyzo

by Guyzo » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:43 pm

Sad.... He was dam good.

RIP

TLP

by TLP » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:06 pm

Shooting yourself in the foot and going to jail, nah.
Getting drunk and killing a pedestrian, nah.
Falling off a truck and killing yourself, that's being a hardcore NFL WR.

xDoogiex

by xDoogiex » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:19 pm

R.I.P.

mrh

by mrh » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:22 pm

squishy wrote:Is there a homicide investigation going on? Should be...

Why?

Buz Groshong

by Buz Groshong » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:00 pm

truchas wrote:
squishy wrote:
mrh wrote:

Why?

Because the driver, who never stopped, flung a person off the vehicle and then kept driving...

I will agree it's pretty stupid to jump on a truck an ride it out, but the death could have been prevented by the basic realization that someone may get hurt if they just keep driving...Here's an analogy...a person runs out into the road and you clearly have enough time to stop, happens all the time near crosswalks right? Well what if you never stopped? Would that be homicide or just some dumb ass who jumped in the road? If you could have stopped and didn't, I believe you would be at fault for the death...maybe I'm just weird, but it seems like common sense to me...

It all depends. If she stopped, he might have been able to get out and jump in the truck. Then her life could be at risk. Nobody knows the details at this time.

She could also have driven slowly and carefully to a police station. Of course if someone was yelling at her and beating on the back window or roof of the cab, she might not have been composed enough to think of that. Like you say, nobody knows the details at this time.

Buz Groshong

by Buz Groshong » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:02 pm

truchas wrote:
squishy wrote:
mrh wrote:

Why?

Because the driver, who never stopped, flung a person off the vehicle and then kept driving...

I will agree it's pretty stupid to jump on a truck an ride it out, but the death could have been prevented by the basic realization that someone may get hurt if they just keep driving...Here's an analogy...a person runs out into the road and you clearly have enough time to stop, happens all the time near crosswalks right? Well what if you never stopped? Would that be homicide or just some dumb ass who jumped in the road? If you could have stopped and didn't, I believe you would be at fault for the death...maybe I'm just weird, but it seems like common sense to me...

It all depends. If she stopped, he might have been able to get out and jump in the truck. Then her life could be at risk. Nobody knows the details at this time.

If he was a lib, would you have said the same thing? :wink:

Return to General