Climbing for a cause!

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
Matt Lemke

Climbing for a cause!

by Matt Lemke » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:03 am

If other users want this post removed, just let me know. I know it's a touchy area with SP and I'd be happy to remove it per requests. 100% of the funds go directly to the foundation

Please forgive me if this is in the wrong forum. These are some frustrating times here on SP and over the years to come, I would
like to take some initiative to make SP the best it can be.
In the meantime...
Since I am going to have the whole summer to climb/hike this year, I thought I would dedicate my efforts. Take a look at my inspiration!

http://www.active.com/donate/teamtsa1/lemkeclimbforacure

I have lived with Tourette's Syndrome all my life and though I'm lucky to have been able to deal with it very well, many others with TS have a very hard time especially developing healthy social lives. I think it would be a good idea to dedicate my climbing to a worthy cause this year so if you can, please help those living with TS and help with the search for a cure. Believe me when I say that having a supportive environment makes all the difference when living with TS. Money collected goes to helping provide the best possible care for people with TS as well as helping find a cure.
Thanks,
Matt Lemke

GlacierCountry

Re: Climbing for a cause!

by GlacierCountry » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:55 pm

I have a 15 year old daughter with Tourette Syndrome, also highly functional. She likes to climb as well, although at a very beginner level. I've noticed her tics are significantly dimished when she is focused on climbing, which is a stark contrast to the increased tics when she is focused on something like a video game. Anyway, I appreciate your efforts, keep up the good work.
Mountains and Music

Return to General