Climbing partner needed for some alp fun | May 19-22

Regional discussion and conditions reports for Europe. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the Europe Climbing Partners section.
IvanBraunDK

Climbing partner needed for some alp fun | May 19-22

by IvanBraunDK » Wed May 11, 2011 8:49 pm

Hi guys

I just been dumped by a climbing partner and is looking for anything in the alps for the weekend may 19-22.

Are you available or do you have room for me for anything ?

Email me or post here

WouterB

Re: Climbing partner needed for some alp fun | May 19-22

by WouterB » Thu May 12, 2011 4:41 pm

Available from Friday 17H00 to Sunday 24H00. Highly prefer summitting a mountain over climbing a route, but I have no problem with climbing a route in order to summit a mountain. Let me know if you're interested.

IvanBraunDK

by IvanBraunDK » Thu May 12, 2011 5:33 pm

sjarelkwint wrote:always a good idea to add why you have been dumped i think ... This sounds like you are some crazy lunatic :)

Yep - you are right.

He couldn't find the money afterall (despite I offered to pay his transportation costs) - i think that he never really planned to go, but enjoyed the talking and planning

IvanBraunDK

by IvanBraunDK » Thu May 12, 2011 5:35 pm

WouterB wrote:Available from Friday 17H00 to Sunday 24H00. Highly prefer summitting a mountain over climbing a route, but I have no problem with climbing a route in order to summit a mountain. Let me know if you're interested.

GREAT!

I prefer mountaineering aswell - which airport is closest and which peak/mountain do you have in mind?

IslandTraveller

by IslandTraveller » Thu May 19, 2011 10:01 pm

It would be very interesting to hear about your trip - I will go to the Alps in late May. Snow reports are most welcome! :mrgreen:

WouterB

by WouterB » Sun May 22, 2011 10:25 am

IvanBraunDK ended up cancelling his trip here because the air fare was too high.

In the last couple of weeks I've climbed in the Valais, Graubunden, Uri and Ticino. In general there was not that much snow this year and most of it has cleared up already, especially on South facing slopes below 3000m. Climbed a South-Easternly oriented ridge which had some passages on the North yesterday. The North side was a bit heavier, as there was still about 1m of snow left at 3000m, but the South and East sides were pretty good.

IslandTraveller

by IslandTraveller » Mon May 23, 2011 8:19 pm

WouterB wrote:IvanBraunDK ended up cancelling his trip here because the air fare was too high.

In the last couple of weeks I've climbed in the Valais, Graubunden, Uri and Ticino. In general there was not that much snow this year and most of it has cleared up already, especially on South facing slopes below 3000m. Climbed a South-Easternly oriented ridge which had some passages on the North yesterday. The North side was a bit heavier, as there was still about 1m of snow left at 3000m, but the South and East sides were pretty good.

Sounds like great news! 1 m of snow is not too bad unless there is an additional topping of 1 m ash! :x Hopefully someone will plug that hole in Iceland so that my plane will lift - the car driving distance is looong to the Alps...

WouterB

by WouterB » Tue May 31, 2011 1:38 pm

I do weekly photo updates on my Facebook page. Working on a better solution though. Climbed Monte Cevedale (3778m) last weekend, which was really hard due to 60cm's of fresh snow. 14 hour round trip from the car, no stops.

I was planning to drive to Alagna on Wednesday evening, take the cable car up to Salati pass and walk to Rifugio Gnifetti on Thursday and try to do some 4000'ers on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Unfortunately, my partners seem to still be recovering from Sunday, so it's not sure whether I'll be able to do this. Starting to hate this constant search for partners... .

Return to Europe