Climbing Partner(s) Sought (Ideally LA area)

Regional discussion and conditions reports for the Golden State. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the California Climbing Partners forum.
no avatar
JimHefner

Climbing Partner(s) Sought (Ideally LA area)

by JimHefner » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:53 pm

I’m mid-40’s and very experienced. Rock, ice, wall, bouldering, alpine, etc. Solid leading 5.10- trad, 5.11- sport, WI 4+, etc. I’m back climbing after an 8 year hiatus, am super motived, and training a bunch. Also, I’m self-employed so my schedule is flexible.

I’m looking for a multitude of partners to fill one or all of the below.

Gym climbing - 1 to 2 days a week with at least one day on a rope. (Hangar 18 - Upland)

Local sport climbing - day trips to High Desert, etc.

Local cragging - Josh, Red Rocks, Idyllwild, etc.

More serious adventures - Sierra, the Valley, Lee Vining, Ouray, Canmore, Alaska, etc.

If you’re only down for the gym, that’s cool. Or if you’re more experienced and want to get out, even to clip some bolts, let’s talk. Please, if you want to get out, no newbs. I’ve been mentored and done the same for many more over the years. However, this time I want partners that are solid in whatever arena we’re in.

Last, and as important as skill, is attitude. Partners need to be fun, energetic, and positive. Also, if you want to travel and climb you gotta have a few resources. (My dirtbag days are over)

Peace

Jim Hefner
Last edited by JimHefner on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevin trieu

Re: Climbing Partner(s) Sought (Ideally LA area)

by kevin trieu » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:48 pm

jim - sent me an email when you have ideas for serious adventures. i'm free for the immediately future. not much of a gym person and have not done any wall but would like to try.

Return to California