First Ascent......

Post climbing gear-related questions, offer advice. For classifieds, please use that forum.
Flatlander2climb

First Ascent......

by Flatlander2climb » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:36 am

Hey guys, been awhile since I've been on, hope the holidays were good to you all. Just wondered if anyone has any of the new First Ascent stuff from Eddie Bauer? Got the downlight sweater as a Christmas gift and have gotten some good use out of it around town at least with the frigid temps here in KS as of late. Spent a good deal of time outside in it and very impressed so far! I know it's not an extended period of time in the back country but it's definitely been deadly cold for the last week or so....certainly nothing to mess with. Wondered what anyone else thought of theirs yet if there are any other First Ascent owners on here? Not necessarily the down light but any of the other products as well? I'm thinking about the BC-100 shell right now too so anyone's opinion on that is welcome especially.

ScottyP

by ScottyP » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:29 pm

I bought these and so far have been very happy. I have not had them to any super cold YET, but so far I like them.
http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/produ ... &viewAll=y

Ammon Hatch

by Ammon Hatch » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:25 pm

I picked up a bunch of their stuff. The guide softshell pant is probably my favorite. I tried on 6 or so softshells at REI and wasn't happy with any of them, then went to EB and fell in love with the guide as soon as I put them on. I also have the Rainier shell pants (which I haven't used but I love how light and small they pack), 2 of the baselayer, the igniter jacket, the cloud layer pullover, and the merino hat. And I got it all for a screaming deal too (ask them for the 20% off card, and if you don't have an Eddie Bauer credit card you can sign up for one and get another 15% off). Everything I've used I am very pleased with, and the quality is very good. Definitely better than some of the outdoors brands out there.

Pallando

by Pallando » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:39 pm

I had heard EB filed for bankruptcy. Does this effect FA at all?

Return to Gear