For Aconcagua: DAS Parka vs Sub Zero Parka

Regional discussion and conditions reports for South America. Please post partners requests and trip plans in the South American Climbing Partners section.
divnamite

For Aconcagua: DAS Parka vs Sub Zero Parka

by divnamite » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:27 am

Which one should I bring for my trip to Aconcagua?

Brad Marshall

by Brad Marshall » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:45 am

I would recommend the DAS parka. It's lighter, should be more durable and, from my experience, temperatures on Aconcagua do not warrant wearing a Sub-Zero. However, it's really a personal choice and depends on many other factors like layering, hydration, natural tendency to be warm or cold, etc.

zenalpinist

by zenalpinist » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:42 pm

Brad Marshall wrote:I would recommend the DAS parka. It's lighter, should be more durable and, from my experience, temperatures on Aconcagua do not warrant wearing a Sub-Zero. However, it's really a personal choice and depends on many other factors like layering, hydration, natural tendency to be warm or cold, etc.

I've heard the same and the DAS will be accompanying me down there in two weeks. It'll be good ole army green.

Good luck Brad, we'll try to look out for you on the mountain as you are coming down and we are going up. We'll be a group of four from Fort Collins, Colorado staying in two bright yellow North Face VE25 tents. One of the guys should still have a mohawk of sorts on his noggin. Here's to good weather.

Return to South America