Got mah REI Dividend today...

Post general questions and discuss issues related to climbing.
CSUMarmot

Got mah REI Dividend today...

by CSUMarmot » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:56 pm

And it went a little somethin like this:
Total REI Dividend: $1.20
Dividend- eligible purchases: $11.95
Non Dividend -eligible purchases: $432.39
...gonna have to cash that in on a powerbar...
Dammit kid get off mah lawn!!!
NoCo Chris

radson

Re: Got mah REI Dividend today...

by radson » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:04 am

I'm just loving REI at the moment. I havent been to the states for years so, when I rock up to Alaska, I am going to have a gazillion packages waiting for me at my current rate of purchase.

Smoove910

by Smoove910 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:34 am

I got like $23 something, so I coupled that with the 20% off 1 full-priced item coupon and was able to save me around $60 on a new tent... I'm a happy camper. :P

Bill Reed

by Bill Reed » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:39 am

I guess it's the stuff of dreams, that dividend. Got mine today as well, $158. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick for sure. Back in the day used to get em' as high as approaching $400, but that was then and this is now. I'll spend it and the 20% coupon on a new, lightweight tent and be good with it.
Enjoy that Powerbar Marmot!!

JHH60

by JHH60 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:20 am

Get the REI Visa card. My dividend this year was almost $600. I spent a fair amount at REI, especially now that the kids are starting to take an interest in hiking, climbing, and backpacking. But it's nice to get a dividend for every purchase you make anywhere, including gas, beer, groceries, lunch, and that stuff really adds up, especially if you have a family.... I'm looking at kayaks now... 8)

mtndonkey

by mtndonkey » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:56 pm

JHH60 wrote:Get the REI Visa card. My dividend this year was almost $600. I spent a fair amount at REI, especially now that the kids are starting to take an interest in hiking, climbing, and backpacking. But it's nice to get a dividend for every purchase you make anywhere, including gas, beer, groceries, lunch, and that stuff really adds up, especially if you have a family.... I'm looking at kayaks now... 8)

Yup, same here. I only buy little stuff like freeze-dried meals, fuel cannisters, etc at REI for the most part anymore so I wouldn't have much for a dividend, however with my REI Visa I got about $500 to blow there this year. If they only carried a better selection of ice tools....

Buz Groshong

by Buz Groshong » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:49 pm

I got a whopping 11 or 12 bucks this year. I tend to buy things on sale (non dividendable), I've already gotten most of the gear I need, and I don't do credit cards so I don't expect it will go up anytime soon.

CSUMarmot

by CSUMarmot » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:50 pm

Buz Groshong wrote:I got a whopping 11 or 12 bucks this year. I tend to buy things on sale (non dividendable)

The money you save on the sales roughly equals what you would get back on the dividend if it wasn't on sale, having the membership is basically like carrying a 10% off entire purchase coupon every time you walk in the store

which barely offsets the artificially high REI prices
Dammit kid get off mah lawn!!!
NoCo Chris

JHH60

by JHH60 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:04 pm

Buz Groshong wrote:I got a whopping 11 or 12 bucks this year. I tend to buy things on sale (non dividendable), I've already gotten most of the gear I need, and I don't do credit cards so I don't expect it will go up anytime soon.

I think even the stuff on sale earns you a 1% rebate if you buy it on the REI card. If "doing credit cards" means running up debt on them, then I don't do credit cards either - I pay off the balance on mine every month.

Buz Groshong

by Buz Groshong » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:19 pm

JHH60 wrote:
Buz Groshong wrote:I got a whopping 11 or 12 bucks this year. I tend to buy things on sale (non dividendable), I've already gotten most of the gear I need, and I don't do credit cards so I don't expect it will go up anytime soon.

I think even the stuff on sale earns you a 1% rebate if you buy it on the REI card. If "doing credit cards" means running up debt on them, then I don't do credit cards either - I pay off the balance on mine every month.

No, it means I use a bank card so I don't have to remember to pay it off every month. 8)

Bob Sihler
Forum Moderator

by Bob Sihler » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:27 pm

$315. I don't buy too much at regular price there, but I got the REI Visa card last April and have used it for most spending since then. I pay off my balance each month, so this is like "free" money for gear for me.

Rebates--

Non-REI purchases 1%
Sale-price REI purchases 5%
Full-price REI items 10%

And when I signed up, I got a $50 gift card as well. The REI Visa has been a great deal for me, and no annual fees.
"Alcohol is like love. The first kiss is magic, the second is intimate, the third is routine. After that you take the girl's clothes off."

--Terry Lennox, The Long Goodbye (Raymond Chandler)

The following user would like to thank Bob Sihler for this post
MarkDidier

JHH60

by JHH60 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:32 pm

Bob Sihler wrote:$315. I don't buy too much at regular price there, but I got the REI Visa card last April and have used it for most spending since then. I pay off my balance each month, so this is like "free" money for gear for me.

Rebates--

Non-REI purchases 1%
Full-price REI items 10%

And when I signed up, I got a $50 gift card as well. The REI Visa has been a great deal for me, and no annual fees.

Don't forget to tell them about the 10% bonus we get for recruiting other REI Visa card holders. ;^)

lcarreau

by lcarreau » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:50 pm

The nearest REI (from where I live) is 100 miles away, and I figure it will take 1/2-tank of gasoline round-trip ..

Can a person receive their discount online ??? What is the special code to type in ?
"Turkey Vultures always vomit when they get nervous."

JasonH

by JasonH » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:56 pm

lcarreau wrote:What is the special code to type in ?

I have a demon in me - Stu

The following user would like to thank JasonH for this post
lcarreau

MarkDidier

by MarkDidier » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:20 pm

Bob Sihler wrote:$315. I don't buy too much at regular price there, but I got the REI Visa card last April and have used it for most spending since then. I pay off my balance each month, so this is like "free" money for gear for me.

Rebates--

Non-REI purchases 1%
Full-price REI items 10%

If there is no annual fee then I may go ahead and get their Visa. I have a decent amount in work related expenses that I charge and get reimbursed for each month. It won't get me a lot of gear, but my wife will be happier when I save some money on my (at least annual) REI purchases!

Next

Return to General