Granite Peak - SW Couloir Aug 2016

Find climbing partners in the Northern Rockies.
lonewolf2401

Granite Peak - SW Couloir Aug 2016

by lonewolf2401 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:26 am

Greetings, am looking for some adventurous hiking/climbing partner/s to climb Granite Peak by way of the SW Couloir route. I am definitely planning on August of 2016, but the days are flexible. I have climbed Granite Peak twice by the normal east ridge route. I also got within 150 feet of the summit on the SW Couloir route, but was forced to retreat due to very threatening weather. Always wise to live to climb another day!
Anyway, I have been up and down nearly every side of Granite, and know the approaches intimately. If you have always wanted to do Granite Peak, or just want to do this route, please let me know, be happy to have you along.
My climbing partners are no longer interested in adventures such as this, so it's solo if I can't find partners. Done that many times in the past, but much more fun with others there to enjoy it also.
Have a good winter!
Scott Wagner
lonewolf2401@gmail.com

tdoughty

Re: Granite Peak - SW Couloir Aug 2016

by tdoughty » Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi Scott,
I'm interested in Granite. I've never been in the area, so your knowledge and companionship would certainly be welcomed! My wife and I are almost full time RVers and will be spending most of July in WY (fossils, Winds, Tetons, Yellowstone) and we expect most of August to be spent in MT. Our timing for Granite is flexible. I'm not a race horse, just slow and steady. Message me if ya think our schedules align. tdoughtyjratgmaildotcom.

climber46

Re: Granite Peak - SW Couloir Aug 2016

by climber46 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:42 pm

Hi
Scott, (or others)

I plan to climb the Granite Peak Southwest Couloir route during the week of August 20-26, 2017 and I am looking for a partner also. I am thinking one day to approach, a summit day, and a day to trek back out. I am somewhat flexible with the days but August 21-23 is my most ideal.

I just realized that your original post was from 2016.

Daniel Battin
danieldbattin@yahoo.com

Return to US - Northern Rockies (ID, MT, WY)